Should a $3000 guitar come with a case?

Should a $3000 guitar come with a case?

• Yes, I feel as though it should.

Votes: 72 97.3%
  • No, that wouldn't matter to me.

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
When I bought my Mayones Duvell it came with the hard gig bag. I really liked that! But gotta admit. When playing out I use the hardcase. But the gig bag are much easier to haul around when rehearsing

I expect a hard shell case to be included with all high end guitars. I feel it's part of the deal. The company should realize It's about protecting that investment the customer is making with them. Things really have changed over the years. I remember back in the day buying guitars from Charvel , Jackson , Kramer and others that were way less expensive than $3000 and they just about always came with hard cases. Those days have spoiled me I guess.
I agree that a nice case is part of the deal. I am about to get a Friedman Cali in the $3000 range and it comes with a case. Probably a G&G and it has a Friedman logo. It is part of the deal. I have never bought a nice guitar that did not come with a case. And all the case candy too.

I’m ok with a hardshell case or a really sturdy bag like the ones that come with Caparisons or the semi-hardshell type case that comes with a lot of the Ibanez guitars. I do prefer and think at that price a company should provide a perfect fitted hardshell.

In that price range, it should most definitely should come with a case. I've passed on a few guitars because a HSC wasn't included but, then again, have also have bought guitars I really liked and got a case after the fact.

alot of high end bass companies are the same, Sadowsky, Mike Lull, etc... $4k-$7k+ bass comes with a $200 gig bag... doesn't make much sense.

I do not use cases when I play out anymore - I prefer a gig bag. But I agree that high end guitars should have nice cases with them. But in the end, you just get charged for it so it is what it is. I think an SKB case if fine at this point.

We’re moving towards $3000.00 cases.

61Th5k7DZQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

If you purchase a $3000 guitar brand new, do you feel as though it should come with a hardshell case? Are you okay with it coming with just a gig bag? I am not naming brands, or talking shit. Just a simple question.
I felt the same way til I started hanging my guitars cuz that is where I stored it. But I don't gig. Luckily, Jackson sends their customs with a pretty nice case. I think they should give you a hardcase, but nothing is free, so if they give you more guitar for your money..

Back