Since EVH died

I thought he announced an official retirement or some shit last year with like a week-long Vegas extravaganza and guest guitarists? Or is this totally something I dreamed up?

Jim Dandy was the real talented DLR
I’ve known Jim. Used to be in a band with one of his guitarists; we rehearsed in a house owned by one of his bassists. Another friend managed BOA and Shawn Lane used to come over to my dad’s when I was little to listen to the Snells/Sumo amps and NAD/Spectral Hi-Fi gear. Jim’s daughter Piper is a trip.

Memphis, mane. Errbody kno errbody…

Looks like father time has already kicked his ass..

8mApBN1.jpg
Well in his defense cause I’m sure that’s what everybody wants to hear lol yeah father time wasn’t too kind to him in the mug shot department heck he wasn’t too kind to me either lol but Dave has remained in shape his entire career . I think there’s a strong possibility that he’s been ill for a few years now. He’s a private guy and doesn’t talk about his personal life but when Ed died he made a statement saying he thought he would be the one to go first and that the Marlboro man would get him . Who knows

Well in his defense cause I’m sure that’s what everybody wants to hear lol yeah father time wasn’t too kind to him in the mug shot department heck he wasn’t too kind to me either lol but Dave has remained in shape his entire career . I think there’s a strong possibility that he’s been ill for a few years now. He’s a private guy and doesn’t talk about his personal life but when Ed died he made a statement saying he thought he would be the one to go first and that the Marlboro man would get him . Who knows
I just hope he gives up Ed's signal chain for Van Halen I before he shuffles off this mortal coil.

Yes dis true. He madman who toks crazy and insults Van Halen fan by saying Roth live. He lozt ability to sing many year ago. He need retire so nobody heer frum him ever again. I done even want to see dat face again. Creepy old guy. Dave go home and stay in house! We no more wish to see you!!!
+1!!!!!

A ton of DLR hate eh ??

I was born in 71 ....... so all my teen years were from 1981 on .... the guy was a " God " in the 80 's ....

is he weird ??? probably ... is he old ?? Father time is a Bitch .... has he seen more pussy than everyone on Rig Talk combined .... my vote is yes ...

people forget that it wasn't only Eddie who set the stage for the whole music world to follow ..... I'd say by the 1984 album .... not only were ALL the guitarists tapping .... All the lead singers were trying to be Dave ........

name another Mofo that can jump off a 15 foot drum riser ...split and touch his toes ....

1665789047888.png

I’ve known Jim. Used to be in a band with one of his guitarists; we rehearsed in a house owned by one of his bassists. Another friend managed BOA and Shawn Lane used to come over to my dad’s when I was little to listen to the Snells/Sumo amps and NAD/Spectral Hi-Fi gear. Jim’s daughter Piper is a trip.

Memphis, mane. Errbody kno errbody…

did you know ruby starr?

I would still go see DLR if he toured, but not as Van Halen without Eddie. That would just be silly. I had great tickets for one of DLR's last Las Vegas shows that sadly got cancelled. These studio clips he has been releasing I believe were recorded during the rehearsals for those shows.

I thought he announced an official retirement or some shit last year with like a week-long Vegas extravaganza and guest guitarists? Or is this totally something I dreamed up?
Al Estrada who is on the forum here is the guitarist. Roth cancelled his last set of Vegas shows because a band member or two got Covid from what I heard. I had a couple tickets for a table right by the stage for one of those shows. Too bad he canncelled.

Reactions: ccn
Al Estrada who is on the forum here is the guitarist. Roth cancelled his last set of Vegas shows because a band member or two got Covid from what I heard. I had a couple tickets for a table right by the stage for one of those shows. Too bad he canncelled.
Yeah , Al knows VH inside and out .

IIRC, the tix for the last Vegas shows were getting stupid expensive right before the shows were canceled. Anyone who bought from a scalper got fisted. I paid $25 a few months ago for a ticket to see Band-Maid next week and they're going for $600 now. That's insane.

I heard a tune on Eddie truck, who is a personal friend of mine. :ROFLMAO:
Annnnd it kinda sucked..Not sure what he's trying to accomplish, but there is not 1 without the others.. No disrespect to his band.

OTOH, it was cool to hear them talk about the old days when they were getting along and how it really was..

Reactions: Geo
Back