Skid Row sounds great here

Is why I love Skid Row. They still bring the heat and stay tight without washing out.

Motley Crue should take a few notes. No pyrotechnics. No insane light gimmicks. Just killer talent and lots of obvious practice.

Singers from Sweden. Here's the band he left to join Skid Row. They are called H.E.A.T. I've followed them for a while now. Great singer. Good catchy tunes.

Followed Erik and HEAT for years. He’s always been a great front guy. Address the Nation is a great album by them. He won idol in Sweden many years ago. Probably 15 years ago. Then joined Heat.

Pretty amazed. Needs to work on his stage or dance moves as someone else said. Skid Row is one of my fave all time bands. So it’s good to see them still bringing the “heat” with this dude

Killer pipes! Gotta say though...some of his stage "moves" are questionable :ROFLMAO:
Strong voice, a little nasal and not as much depth and grit as Bach had but this guy seems to sing smarter and in a way that will produce more consistent performances night to night. But yes, those stage moves....def not bringing Bach's stage presence that's for sure. Band sounds fantastic though

What happened to this era of rock?!?
I try to listen to modern day ‘rock / metal. It’s Just not happening for me???
Think the most modern I listen to is a old Overkill cd.
New stuff is just shit. Haha
I think a lot of it is the way it’s recorded. Everything is digitized and quantized. Everything is on a grid or a click track. The timing never changes or fluctuates, which kills dynamics. Then again, it may just all be shit. I only listen only to old stuff too.

I think a lot of it is the way it’s recorded. Everything is digitized and quantized. Everything is on a grid or a click track. The timing never changes or fluctuates, which kills dynamics. Then again, it may just all be shit. I only listen only to old stuff too.
What you mentioned is huge but so is the fact that so much music has been written that it is hard not to rehash. Originality left the building long ago. Yes there are still good bands here or there but the majority are just recycling and relying on image.

Another factor is that in the past, a lot of rock and metal albums were recorded on decent/good consoles but they didn't have walls of outboard so they would use a lot of the features of the board including the EQ. This imparted a sonic signature on the material vs the same carbon copy UAD plugins on everything today. Studio time was expensive and if your budget was 10k for an album, you weren't going to rent Abbey Roads and blow through your budget recording Poison's first album..

Samples , layers , and the quest for perfection are also killing the vibe of a bands.

Imo of course.

What happened to this era of rock?!?
I try to listen to modern day ‘rock / metal. It’s Just not happening for me???
Think the most modern I listen to is a old Overkill cd.
New stuff is just shit. Haha
Nostalgia based bias. Everyone thinks their highschool music was the best. Plenty new bands do this style, it's just that they didn't come out when your hormones where at their peak .

I‘ve been a fan of Erik and his previous band H.e.a.t. for awhile now. I always thought he would be a good fit with Skid Row and here we are. Great singer.

By the way, there are plenty of new bands carrying the torch for this style of music. The problem is you won’t hear them on radio and since the majority are from overseas they usually don’t tour the US. A great example is Crashdiet from Sweden. They’ve been around for a little while but just released a new cd a couple weeks ago.

Yeah I've always been a massive Skid Row fan but I've hated every vocalist they've had since Baz left.

Makes me so happy to finally see them with a new singer that does the music justice - this new guy is fucking awesome

Back