Small world - Tony Carey of Rainbow

Shark Diver

I have always liked his solo stuff, and Planet P work. Not the rock most of Rig Talk would be into, but one of my favorite song writers. I just found out he was the keyboardist on my favorite Rainbow album "Rainbow Rising" (Dio,Blackmore). Loved Dio's solo work and my favorite Black Sabbath, or maybe 2nd favorite, album is "Heaven and Hell". Blackmore was in one of my favorite bands Deep Purple.

Anyway, Rainbow must have been a hell of a band to see in the day.

Shark Diver":3vnticrm said:
...my favorite Black Sabbath, or maybe 2nd favorite, album is "Heaven and Hell"...
That's sacrilege to some, but I have to agree - "Heaven and Hell" is the best Sabbath album ever. And I bought into Sabbath on their first release...

Tony Carey is from my hometown Turlock, Ca. I'm not sure he's a resident anymore in Turlock but he's a legend in my hometown. When he released his 1984 album, Some Tough City I bought it and still own it! It's was decent LP to! He was great when he was with Rainbow. Here's one of my all time favorites from him. Great song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK-9ztHFwEg

Wow, I always thought he was from Germany. Good stuff posted. I loved Planet P too. Pink World is up there with The Wall and Operation Mind Crime for me. Very different from each other - but still great theme albums. I guess I just like the story telling aspect of his songs. I am an English major, and I think he can paint a theme very well, like a short story. Just a break from the mindless, "I love you, let's party" lyrics now and then. :)

Back