Smallbox Channel Switching Noise/Pop

John 14:6

I turned my Smallbox on this morning at church and no sound. I plugged straight into the amp, changed a preamp tube in V1 and tried different guitar and speaker cables. Nothing worked. When I got home it worked fine, but I noticed a popping noise when changing channels that I have never noticed before. I have since changed preamp tubes and the popping is still there. The amp sounds fantastic, but I still think the channel switching pop is new. It happens both with the amp switch and footswitch. I am hoping Dave or someone else might be able to help.....

marshall2553":2jjfvnfa said:
Just curious, what was the issue?
The slight pop is normal per Dave. I am not getting a loud pop and the pop I am hearing is so slight that I think I just never noticed it prior to having a tube problem. I can press my footswitch when I am not playing and I do not hear a pop, though I do hear a slight or faint pop if I listen for it when changing from Plexi to BE when I am playing. Dave responded on a Sunday and offered to check out the amp to make sure everything is good. I think my amp is fine, but it is sure good to know that my amp and Friedman's customer service are both epic.

Back