Smallbox Pedal

Findthetone1

I have a BE-OD Deluxe and a DS pedal. I'm thinking about a Smallbox pedal but am wondering if it would just be redundant. Do the pedals I have cover all the ground a SB pedal can?

I have a BE-OD Deluxe and a DS pedal. I'm thinking about a Smallbox pedal but am wondering if it would just be redundant. Do the pedals I have cover all the ground a SB pedal can?
I have owned all 3.
A tweaked Shirley is the lower channel in your BE Od Deluxe already. He confirmed for me. So you already own the redundancy.

that said i moved on the SB pedal bc i prefer the “shirley” lower gain. And honestly, u can get them REALLY close. I found Michael’s youtube video saying they didnt sound alike to not be the case in my rig.

Suggestion. Instead of the SB, get the Buxom Boost and learn to use it. Its amazing and possibly his best pedal once you figure out what its doing.

If i was to criticize Dave the only thing i would say is his marketing on some of his gear could be more specific. Like the tight isnt just a tight, it acts like a range knob too. When i realized that, i kicked both my other boost and my rangemaster off the board.

If u care my current friedman line up is

buxom boost with heavy boost and added treble and tight into DS pedal set with internal trimmer at only 25% on and only a touch of dirt. Then my runt dirt channel is set to max. I can use the boost to push the DS pedal into nice early plexi sound on the clean channel or push the Runt dirt channel into more JJ territory.

u could also sell the DS, play with internal trimmers in the Deluxe to get top super hot, bottom much less. Then boost w buxom. I used to use the deluxe before i decreased board size but i still own it.

Back