So I finally pulled the trigger on a Kemper... (Clips)

It doesn't really have any. Unless you mean stock profiles.
Between the unit (think there's 256) and Rig Exchange (10s of thousands of them)
you can find pretty much anything you want.

Biggest problem is a lot of the stock presets sound like crap (as usual with any modeler it seems)
and for every 1 good one on the cloud you'll easily find 100 bad ones.

Let me know when you buy one. I've got some tips I learned using the Toaster for months on end.
Thank you, I appreciate that!!!!!

Sounds awesome man! I'm still struggling to make profiles of my heads that sound really close to it... any tips? You running anything in the front or in the loop at all or is it just straight head into Suhr into kemper? And do you profile connected to a cab or thru computer monitors? I usually do it thru my monitors and maybe that is the problem... any light you can shed on profiling man I'll take ;)

Sounds awesome man! I'm still struggling to make profiles of my heads that sound really close to it... any tips? You running anything in the front or in the loop at all or is it just straight head into Suhr into kemper? And do you profile connected to a cab or thru computer monitors? I usually do it thru my monitors and maybe that is the problem... any light you can shed on profiling man I'll take ;)
At the risk of stating the obvious, make sure to monitor in the context you want the Kemper to match the amp.

For example, if the goal of your profile is to replicate the mic'd sound in monitors then create the profile comparing "amp => guitar cab => mic => monitors => ears" to "kemper with cab emulation => monitors => ears" to evaluate how close you are (and when you can finally stop refining). If the goal is an amp in the room sound using a regular guitar cabinet you'll ideally want to compare "amp => guitar cab => ears" with "kemper without cab emulation => guitar cab => ears".

If your goal is both, then create one profile for each use case. YMMV.

At the risk of stating the obvious, make sure to monitor in the context you want the Kemper to match the amp.

For example, if the goal of your profile is to replicate the mic'd sound in monitors then create the profile comparing "amp => guitar cab => mic => monitors => ears" to "kemper with cab emulation => monitors => ears" to evaluate how close you are (and when you can finally stop refining). If the goal is an amp in the room sound using a regular guitar cabinet you'll ideally want to compare "amp => guitar cab => ears" with "kemper without cab emulation => guitar cab => ears".

If your goal is both, then create one profile for each use case. YMMV.
Thanks! I been trying mainly for capturing a recording chain of my amp with a load box but I may try it dialing in thru a cab today and see how it goes.

I hate to be this guy (I hate myself), but IS there any difference between a kemper and something like a modeler? Doesn’t it just serve the same function as a computer loading a modeler?

for the guys running into power amp, disregard

Thx man! Nope, what u hear is the raw amp captured with the suhr load box! Most of the times I profile thru my monitors! I think u just need to find a good IR that suits the amp! I can help with that! Message me if you want some good IRs

Thx man! Nope, what u hear is the raw amp captured with the suhr load box! Most of the times I profile thru my monitors! I think u just need to find a good IR that suits the amp! I can help with that! Message me if you want some good IRs
could you recommend some good irs for a friedman and vh4 respectively. i like Mesa oversized for the vh4 and a v30 or v30 with creamback mix or even v30 with greenbacks for the friedman. Im now running the amps into suhr reactive load then into the kemper as an ir loader. reason is that i have good irs from lasser lammert of a mesa and bogner cab that came with his stl packs that i cant export and run into my two note ir loader. I play alot of tool/mastodon/chevelle

Back