So...I ordered another JVM...

kannibul

Having my guitarists DSL 100 had me jonesin for a modern Marshall pretty badly...

And while someone on here is selling their JVM410H for $1400 + shipping (and won't budge, even though I couldn't sell mine for more than $1100), I decided to just get a new one for $1749 shipped...

Rawk!

I shouldn'ta sold mine...damnit! :doh: :cry: :doh:

Shiny_Surface":1hbdjakp said:
Digital Jams":1hbdjakp said:
I am waiting for Skyhighrocks to sell so I am last man standing :rock:

I've been thinking about the JVM 2 channel (210H?) lately...even though I shouldn't :LOL: :LOL:

Other than it being 50w, and being a 2 channel - which/how did they do the 2 channel - I mean, which 2 channels?

Is channel 1 more like a combo of Channel 1+2, and Channel 2 more likea combo of Channel 3+4 (or just 3 alone, since it's the better channel - lol)

kannibul":2uhtb5pc said:
Shiny_Surface":2uhtb5pc said:
Digital Jams":2uhtb5pc said:

I've been thinking about the JVM 2 channel (210H?) lately...even though I shouldn't :LOL: :LOL:

Other than it being 50w, and being a 2 channel - which/how did they do the 2 channel - I mean, which 2 channels?

Is channel 1 more like a combo of Channel 1+2, and Channel 2 more likea combo of Channel 3+4 (or just 3 alone, since it's the better channel - lol)

Not sure if they 100% copied the available voicings from the 410 model...I thought I read a post from the designer (Santiago?) on the JVM forum that the voicings were tweaked for the 2 channel version. I think the 2 channel has clean/crunch and overdrive green/orange/red or something like that...

Digital Jams":1bvkgd25 said:

Last Man Standing is a Bon Jovi song so you probably shot yourself in the foot right there. :LOL: :LOL:

Has anyone compared the 4 channel to the 2 channel?

My buddy played both in a store and preferred the 2 channel, but he didn't give me a good detailed review.

I am debating a bit between a 2 channel JVM and a DSL50....

blackba":22nf7lx1 said:
Has anyone compared the 4 channel to the 2 channel?

My buddy played both in a store and preferred the 2 channel, but he didn't give me a good detailed review.

I am debating a bit between a 2 channel JVM and a DSL50....

I'd go JVM205H/210H over DSL 50, to be honest.

More modes, resonance control, midi options, fxloops out the ass...

I test drove both the 410h and the 205h.
The 2 channel has the following channels of the JVM 410
clean crunch channel
green from jvm 410
orange crunch
red crunch

od channel is based on od2 of JVM

I love od1 orange so I went with the 410H. I have only had it a week but I may be selling my other rig in signature as the JVM covers the tones I like. I got it on craig's list in virtually new condition for $1,300

MrHiwatt

mrhiwatt":1bav4tfh said:
I test drove both the 410h and the 205h.
The 2 channel has the following channels of the JVM 410
clean crunch channel
green from jvm 410
orange crunch
red crunch

od channel is based on od2 of JVM

I love od1 orange so I went with the 410H. I have only had it a week but I may be selling my other rig in signature as the JVM covers the tones I like. I got it on craig's list in virtually new condition for $1,300

MrHiwatt

OD2??

Oh man imo that was a mistake.

SgtThump":270h8tu9 said:
Digital Jams":270h8tu9 said:
OD2??

I have a feeling I may be alone with this statement, but the JVM OD1 and OD2 weren't that different at all to me. The OD1 may have been SLIGHTLY less compressed, but other than that, they sounded very similar to me???

I thought OD 2 had quite a bit of mid scoop. Just going from memory, but didn't sound particularly "Marshally" .....a little more of a modern type sound.

For what it's worth, I dug the JVM.

SgtThump":1l4t0loe said:
Digital Jams":1l4t0loe said:
OD2??

I have a feeling I may be alone with this statement, but the JVM OD1 and OD2 weren't that different at all to me. The OD1 may have been SLIGHTLY less compressed, but other than that, they sounded very similar to me???

IMO OD2 does not have that marshall mids thing happening, kind of scooped sounding and more compressed. I love OD1 Orange and almost live there, can clean up very well with the fiddle volume and can go to hot rodded marshall. Colder pups really make it sound great as well.

I have a love / hate thing with od2, some days it is fun to screw around on but others it can be a buzz bomb. IMO OD2 can do a close Engl Powerball type thing.

Back