So im building my own 4 channel snake.......confused?

veets987

Hello all. Wondering if anyone here might be able to help me. So i decided to build my own 4 channel snake to clean up my rig a bit. I Bought 18 ft of this..

http://www.redco.com/shopexd.asp?id=1080

And some switchcraft connectors. I bought the TRS (mic/balanced) wire because i need 1 of the channels to be TRS. I thought these would be 4 seperate wrapped cables for each channel and each wolud have 3 wires. Well that is true but there is what looks like a ground wire that is also in the snake on its own. What do i do with that?? I was looking around online and i think its called a drain wire or something....?? I posted some pics below...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 414
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 411
  • Snake.GIF
    Snake.GIF
    4.1 KB · Views: 414
Hi - Suggestion - Check out Pedalsnake. Why do it yourself? The quality is amazing and it also carries power to your pedalboard. My 2 cents!

guitar54":1l5p86o3 said:
Hi - Suggestion - Check out Pedalsnake. Why do it yourself? The quality is amazing and it also carries power to your pedalboard. My 2 cents!

I was looking into thos but this was a much cheaper alternative and im not a huge fan of the plastic/rubber connectors they use. I may still go that route but this was to make things simple, Or i thought that was the case and then i hit this roadblock lol

You don't need to do anything with it. Just trim it back. Alternatively, if you needed a 7 pin midi cable, you could combine that with two of the trs cables and shrink wrap it.

Back