So what’s the consensus on the BE100 Deluxe?

The be deluxe is my third friedman and I like it the best. Separate masters/ gains make it really nice for live gigs.Very versatile for be type amp.Now if dave could do a nice 2 space rackmount preamp( with all be flavors and adjustments) not the synergy,id be in heaven..lol.

The be deluxe is my third friedman and I like it the best. Separate masters/ gains make it really nice for live gigs.Very versatile for be type amp.Now if dave could do a nice 2 space rackmount preamp( with all be flavors and adjustments) not the synergy,id be in heaven..lol.

Hmmm

So there's an almost mint BE50 Deluxe on sale nearby and it has a good price (2600€). It's tempting me a lot.

But the thing is: I love high gain, I love palm mutes, I love thrash and early Metallica stuff and I know that you "need" 100 watts for those applications.

So I guess I will just wait till having the money to buy the BE100 Deluxe.

So there's an almost mint BE50 Deluxe on sale nearby and it has a good price (2600€). It's tempting me a lot.

But the thing is: I love high gain, I love palm mutes, I love thrash and early Metallica stuff and I know that you "need" 100 watts for those applications.

So I guess I will just wait till having the money to buy the BE100 Deluxe.

A 50 watt can be more aggressive then 100. Just different flavors.

Literally nothing. Or if there is I guess Marshall, Bogner, Splawn, etc etc etc all have issues too

Well, as with everything, there's plywood, and then there's plywood.

ply.jpg

I wish Friedman had extended the control panel all the way across the front so the power and standby switches could've gone there instead of on the back.
Having main switches on the back is cool if it's a lunchbox, but not on full size heads.

Last edited:

View attachment 67518

I wish Friedman had extended the control panel all the way across the front so the power and standby switches could've gone there instead of on the back.
Having main switches on the back is cool if it's a lunchbox, but not on full size heads.
Amen. I hate the power switches being on the back of the amp. I have an amp rack at my home studio/man cave and like to have the Friedman in the rack case. Problem is that I cannot easily turn on/off the amp unless I just have it tied into my Furman Power Strip and use the Furman as my main power on/off source. Hence now I leave the Friedman on top of the rack case and a Marshall in the rack case.

It's one of the few amps where after playing it I walked away totally dumbfounded at how great it was while being as versatile as it is. I haven't done that with very many amps.

It's absurdly expensive though, and like some other people I also thought about how much better the amp would have been with all those rear switches on the front.

It's cool but I am one of those that prefer the straight 2016 spec BE-100. I didn't hear anything for ME in the DLX that made me want to switch.

It is too dark, too smooth, not enough bite. Maybe it'll work for you. But it is not a great modified Marshall.

And this is after all the filtering and other tweaks Dave has made to make this BE 100 Deluxe the tightest, brightest, most Marshall-like version. Not quiet there yet.

It is too dark, too smooth, not enough bite. Maybe it'll work for you. But it is not a great modified Marshall.

And this is after all the filtering and other tweaks Dave has made to make this BE 100 Deluxe the tightest, brightest, most Marshall-like version. Not quiet there yet.
My Naylor basically sounds like what I was hoping the Friedman’s and Bogners would be. It’s dark but still very cutting, aggressive and raw. Not smooth or polished

me too, that literally every amp, and what wood screws?

Ever seen the assembly of a Diezel headshell??

View attachment 67518

Bingo - and like I said - it's not about the "sum of all parts", I am saying for sure, Friedman amps kick ass in the sound, tone, feel, and amazing loops/MVs department - the price goes to "the sound". I'm just mentioning for the price asked retail, there could be some more attention paid to finishing touches, that's all.

But I've referenced Dave's wares countless times stating he's figured out touch-sensitivity, tone, dynamics, and MV attenuation (along with crystal clear loops) when compared to many other amps out there. I certainly wouldn't be upset to have another one or three Friedman amps land in my stable 🤩

It's cool but I am one of those that prefer the straight 2016 spec BE-100. I didn't hear anything for ME in the DLX that made me want to switch.
Agree. I kinda feel like the amps are regressing. I like my '14 BE100 better than the new ones, and I like the old kitchen sinks better than mine...

The BE100 I had (2016 specs) was also dark and smooth, but with the Akira Takasaki settings, it could sound really bright and bitey to me. I remember playing Rock You Like A Hurricane with those setting and some volume and it was unbelievably good. It sounded like a great modified Marshall to me and I loved the fact that the amp could sound so good either darker and smoother or brighter and rawer.

The concerns I have with the BE100 Deluxe are not the fact of it being smooth and dark (as long as it can still be tweaked to be bright and bitey), my concerns are more with the distortion DNA, which seems to depart from the BE100 2016 and have a more grainy kind of distortion with maybe less clarity and definition? It seems to have some different frequencies that makes the amp more strident (the Gonzalo Cordovez videos are a good example of that).

I could be plain wrong and obviously my perception should be taken with a huge grain of salt, because I have not heard the amp in person and I'm only talking with the youtube videos and the reviews I read as a reference of what the amp is. A lot of people say is the best Friedman they have ever played (or even the best amp), so who knows. Maybe the new voice it has would resonate with me playing the amp in person, there's definitely videos in which the amp sounds awesome too.

On the other hand, I liked what I heard of the BE50 Deluxe, but it no being 100 watts and the lack of the C45 (the best sounding switch for me), makes me not be 100% sure about buying it neither.

Right now, I think the best BE tone from a current production amp comes from the Pink Taco.

Ever seen the assembly of a Diezel headshell??

Bingo - and like I said - it's not about the "sum of all parts", I am saying for sure, Friedman amps kick ass in the sound, tone, feel, and amazing loops/MVs department - the price goes to "the sound". I'm just mentioning for the price asked retail, there could be some more attention paid to finishing touches, that's all.

But I've referenced Dave's wares countless times stating he's figured out touch-sensitivity, tone, dynamics, and MV attenuation (along with crystal clear loops) when compared to many other amps out there. I certainly wouldn't be upset to have another one or three Friedman amps land in my stable 🤩
wood screws where ? Im not following what you are saying, where exactly are the wood screws used?? IDC what diezel they will never sound as good as a friedman..

Back