So, what do you guys do for a living?

napalmdeath

Don't know much about any of you guys, outside of here. What do you do for a living?

I'm a Branch Manager for an Industrial Power Transmission distributor. Motors, gearboxes, sprockets, chain, belts, bearings, that kind of stuff. Been in fluid power/hydraulics and power transmission since the late 80's. Spent years as a mechanic, moved into Sales, then Outside Sales, Area Sales Management, traveled, now behind a desk. Not a bad gig. Pays well, and 7:30-4:00 hours. Can't complain! (Well, for the most part)..

JBHUNT Intermodal(rail containers).
18+ years, over 2 million safe miles.
I run from north fort worth to Oklahoma and back.
Used to run OTR all over the country, which allowed me to buy lots of gear from people I knew on the Dean guitar forum and here on rigtalk.
Juggernaught,dwisted dave,bloodrock,Mailman,deizelduder,ceasar...even Gsxrbusa's wife(long story) and many others here have met me to exchange gear on the side of a freeway or at a truck stop. Once scored a full Randall X2 warhead stack(yes,head and both cabs) in Florida and hauled it around in my sleeper for a week before getting home. Used to go to the Dean guitars D.O.A. party every year in Florida. Parked my truck and trailer in the dock at Dean HQ and drank like a fish for two days with other members and bought/ordered insane custom guitars. Even got to pick out the woods that were used and help with the c.a.d. design program of my custom builds. Was able to pre-order the last rust razorback and have a hand in its build and paint proccess. Thems were the days...all courtesy of my company. I've been a lucky man my whole life. This job is my Valhalla.
I'm good at this job because I know what my strengths and weaknesses are...and I drive accordingly.
Still love my job. Hope to die in my sleeper berth of old age. Feel like I'm knocking on that door now. Wish me luck.

Service/Warranty Manager for a company who manufacturers aerial bucket trucks, crane trucks and diggers. Aerial equipment from 29’ to 215’. I deal with the Southwest Region. Also the same position for our Club Car, Moke, Tomberlin and Phat Scooter electric vehicle lines. Here’s 180’ in the air, the unit in the bottom left is a 215’ boom truck for some scale.
FAF900E2-58B5-4BD8-8506-EBD02C74EC86.jpeg

Last edited:
Service/Warranty Manager for a company who manufacturers aerial bucket trucks, crane trucks and diggers. Aerial equipment from 29’ to 215’. I deal with the Southwest Region. Also the same position for our Club Car, Moke, Tomberlin and Phat Scooter electric vehicle lines. Here’s 180’ in the air, the unit in the bottom left is a 215’ boom truck for some scale.
View attachment 111583
No thanks. Heights scare the shit out of me!

Auto Service Technician for over 40 years and you can call me whatever name you want because pay wise this gig gets better by the year. LOL!

Interesting topic-- looking at the RIG Talk handles people use , I was convinced no one had jobs !!!!

Last edited:
JBHUNT Intermodal(rail containers).
18+ years, over 2 million safe miles.
I run from north fort worth to Oklahoma and back.
Used to run OTR all over the country, which allowed me to buy lots of gear from people I knew on the Dean guitar forum and here on rigtalk.
Juggernaught,dwisted dave,bloodrock,Mailman,deizelduder,ceasar...even Gsxrbusa's wife(long story) and many others here have met me to exchange gear on the side of a freeway or at a truck stop. Once scored a full Randall X2 warhead stack(yes,head and both cabs) in Florida and hauled it around in my sleeper for a week before getting home. Used to go to the Dean guitars D.O.A. party every year in Florida. Parked my truck and trailer in the dock at Dean HQ and drank like a fish for two days with other members and bought/ordered insane custom guitars. Even got to pick out the woods that were used and help with the c.a.d. design program of my custom builds. Was able to pre-order the last rust razorback and have a hand in its build and paint proccess. Thems were the days...all courtesy of my company. I've been a lucky man my whole life. This job is my Valhalla.
I'm good at this job because I know what my strengths and weaknesses are...and I drive accordingly.
Still love my job. Hope to die in my sleeper berth of old age. Feel like I'm knocking on that door now. Wish me luck.
I live here where Dean's headquartered. It's really a shame the direction they've taken since Elliot died and his son took over. I knew Elliot way back when he owned Thoroughbred Music. He was a good guy! His son is an arrogant asshole and single-handedly running Dean into the ground.

Back