So, what do you guys do for a living?

You ever heard of "Van Malmsteen" ?

I'm participating in that thread. Typically, the FBI would have the resources themselves to take on something like that. They wouldn't farm that out to us. It doesn't seem like the perp is sophisticated enough to know how to cover their tracks. Paypal, Reverb, eBay have pretty lenient relationships with LE where they will hand over records without being subpoenaed. It's usually in the ToS. A lot depends on the number of victims and amount of the damages. The DOJ's guidelines generally require a compelling federal interest with any case.

If the victims file complaints, enough of them (the more the better), it has a better chance of getting attention. The FBI even has an online form for it.

Last edited:
I'm a union electrician that took a permanent job when the economy tanked in 2008. I went into traction power for a municipal transit system that means I have to punch a clock and until disasters strikes I'm bored af trying to scheme how to retire early so I can play all day/night or whenever I feel like it.

I thought if I read this entire thread thinking I might find something inspiring to go back to school for but the only ones who have it made are either lucky or retired from the sounds of it...not that I'm not lucky bc I am in the sense that I don't have to worry about where my next paycheck will come from. I'm just tired of the game, if I want more out of it costs me my time in OT and you can never get that back. I get paid, that's a good thing but I'm burnt haha

Last edited:
I'm a Union Ironworker.

My local is mixed so we cover all facets of the trade but I primarily do Structural (raising gang/bolting up) and Ornamental Ironworking.

Another bonus is that our Pension/Annuity is pretty aggressive and we tend to stay busy year-round (even through previous Recessions). It's demanding but rewarding and since I can solicit my own work, a lot of the BS in the field can be mitigated.

I currently work as a Network Analyst for a large insurance company. Previously, I worked my way up to Network Architect and Sr. Network Engineer at a large school district. I did that in relatively short time as well! Put in a lot of work and hours on the side to learn and grow myself. Glad to be able to now work remotely and be around my family.

Public Health. I have been in this field for 5 years now. Before that, I was a dietitian for 13 years.

I am now retired / in between jobs after being at AT&T for 24 years. IT Consulting gig.

Looking for something similar, Engagement Manager/Consultant, if any of my R/T peeps know of anything :D

Hit me up :yes:

Back