SOLD - Friedman Custom Shop 50

Rising Farce

This is the one-off amp Reza commissioned a couple years back (you can see his vids of it on YT). It's a lot tighter, more open, and less "brown" than a typical Friedman, with oodles of usable gain.

The amp is in excellent shape, and I just installed and biased a fresh pair of EL34s. It will ship with a one-button footswitch and power cable.

The RT price is $2750 shipped CONUS. I'm also open to trades for high-gain amps of similar value.

IMG_20220521_191809573_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220521_192705423_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Layout makes me think 50 watt Phil-X, which is probably my favorite of the Friedman line-up. This is really intriguing…

Layout makes me think 50 watt Phil-X, which is probably my favorite of the Friedman line-up. This is really intriguing…
Could be, though I suspect it has more gain available than the Phil.

A couple other things to note: It does have an internal trimmer that allows you to back the gain down to something approaching classic-rock levels if that's your thing.

Also, the two-way gain switch on the front panel seems to activate a clipping circuit that adds gain while reducing volume, a la the JBE or Sat switches on other Friedman amps.

Reactions: PDC
Back