SOLD!MARSHALL PLEXI RI 1987, Voodoo Amps Modded-Chassis only

ericb

HI guys, I've collected stuff my whole life and really have way too many amps that I'm not using. I have something someone will definitely be interested in.

Marshall 1987 Plexi Reissue. . Dated from 1991-1992 via serial #. This does NOT have the fx loop, thus not the 1987X. It's in perfect functional condition as well as appearance-wise, other than missing 1 of the Marshall cage nuts that you put the mounting screw into . . They cost about 1.00 each and if you absolutely wanted, I'd try to find one , or I'd order one and put it on before selling it. It's been modded by Voodoo Amps. OK here's the deal . I bought this a long time ago and can not find the original description of what the 'mods official were. I believe the guy wanted George Lynch sounds and they did their thing. Here's my description.

There's a GLOBAL EQ knob that effects the MIDS. It's VERY useful and helps you dial in the amp better to match different guitars and speakers.
There's a bright switch (that only really is effective with lower gain settings)
There's a boost switch (I have no idea why they did that, and it's pretty minor and not footswitchable or anything)
There is now a master volume in place of the Normal Vol pot and the Treble Vol pot functions as a volume control

You can get pretty hi-gain out of this amp at any volume level from whisper quiet to extremely loud, or you can get clean/crunch at any volume level.

I have Fortin, Gower, etc modded Marshalls that fit my needs better, and they cost way more than this. . . . I would think this amp would be excellent AS IS for someone out there, OR the ultimate mod platform for someone who's doing mods these days.

I'm going to sell this with the 2 Ruby EL34's and 3 12ax7's and chassis only (NO Head shell) for $SOLD within the CONUS. . That's dirt cheap for what you get. . I have pics and can post them when I get time.

p.s. it's got original Dagnall and Drake transformers if you wanted to know that. Don't bother asking about footswitching, effects loops or other things I didn't mention as it only has what I mentioned. lol

Thanks, and not interested in trades. Eric

index.php

index.php

SDMF38":1iez0zxi said:

I have pics up , but I guess guys can't see them , as they're hosted on my TGP media page or something.. I'll have to figure out how to put up pictures on here. IF someone can help with that that'd be cool

Eric

I'll try attaching them to this and we'll see if that works.. .

Attachments

• IMG_4758.JPG
    IMG_4758.JPG
    556.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_4764.JPG
    IMG_4764.JPG
    678.4 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_4759.JPG
    IMG_4759.JPG
    519.8 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_4760.JPG
    IMG_4760.JPG