Some history of Rig-Talk

8691192053_123a5ed205_z.jpg

8703193847_c4420374d9_z.jpg

8704316922_5448e58b58_o.gif

PrerPJv.jpg

I mostly just lurk occasionally these days, but have been around with the same username since the HCAF days. Reading through this thread brought back some memories. And made me think of how much gear I’ve bought and sold on here over the years. It’s a lot😂😂
Dude! How are you!?!

the PRMike and madison divinity thread was always my favorite. id pay good money for one of them with the duct tape mods and disconnected presence knob
Lol, I was just thinking about that. I had a Divinity Amp and did a recording where I did palm mutes with duct tape rips in-between as a joke since everyone said they were duct taped inside.

The Madison Divinity actually sounded pretty kickass but not sure about the quality of the builds.

It really was. The whole forum side of the site really. The political forum during Iraq was a complete shit show of trolls. The amp forum was more civilized, but you still had the occasional drama. Lots of cool people though, of which maybe 30% made the leap.

The mass exodus was due to the upgrade of the forum, going to whatever web 2.0 design that they still have today. Forums in general were never quite the same after the splintering.
😂 That is the maddest I've ever been on a forum. Whoever the jackass was that said George Bush hired the terrorists to put plastic explosives in the corners of the World Trade Center to blow it up so we could go to Iraq.

No, he was the "sweep kick to the head guy"

One of the better Scamsevere threads was him posting that he was out on tour with Overkill, that he was posting from Dave Linsk's personal laptop. That was cool right up until Dave Linsk himself joined HCAF and shot that all to hell :ROFLMAO:

Scamsever eventually got popped for some illegal fireworks, weapons, and impersonating a police officer charges and was sent to prison. He was semi legendary over on the JCF too:

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/well-vince-scamasere-was-caught-at-last.33050/

Yep, that guy was always out of this world.

Lol, I was just thinking about that. I had a Divinity Amp and did a recording where I did palm mutes with duct tape rips in-between as a joke since everyone said they were duct taped inside.

The Madison Divinity actually sounded pretty kickass but not sure about the quality of the builds.

they were TSL's, i remember jerryP getting one in that thread and going through it lol

Just an FYI
I started an HCAF group on FB a while ago.
search and join maybe we can have some laughs
old skool HCAF aka Den of Scum

Yup, David Gerlach, aka Giga.Blast, Chupa.Cabra, Top.Echelon, BlackSabbath and KingCrimson.

Like Steve, I found him genuine-and-entertaining to interact with privately. Definitely an interesting fella. Loved his motorcycles and worshipped his wife.

He's eccentric. Talked in riddles and hieroglyphics on the forum. Definitely added a rare flavour injection to the community. IIRC Steve was the last mod to ban him (I never did), so shame on you Brother Stoivo! :LOL:
Gerlach called my workplace and tried to get me fired for being in the forums during work hours. He was a prick!

oh man, i forget all those threads are still there. it looks like the last time i was there was in 2013. im affraid to even go back and read some of the shit i used to post, i guess its cool its all still there though if i may have a few too many one snowy night or something and want to go back in time :LOL: someone cussed me out as recently as 2021 for a comment i made in 08

"This raceu4her has a big mouth and hates on anything peavey...my guess is that his ears are full of wax and his playing sounds like a fart through a wet paper bag...i bet he has never even owned a ms cab but just goes off his youtube diploma for his technical expertise"

i gotta get one of these youtube diploma's haha
Here's a fun little blast from the past of someone lamenting how they can't afford a c++ because they are $2000. I was singing praises of the Mark III to the heavens but they were "old news..for $700. And then my own dumb ass sold one!!!!!!

https://www.harmonycentral.com/foru...mark-iic-in-the-near-future/#comment-24098976

Back