Soulfly tonight

D-Rock

Going to see Soulfly tonight as NAILBOMB performing POINT BLANK in its entirety!

I got this album in the mid 90s and always loved it. Never thought I'd ever hear any of the songs live. Gonna get filthy tonight!

33_og_01.jpg

Man, I had that in rotation for a while. Still have some tunes in my phone. Love the way they place that exchange from Henry, Portrait of a serial killer in there.

Enjoy it man :rock:

Was/am into early max (Sepultura) saw them live back when Beneath the Remains hit and it was fuckin epic. Little tiny venue loud, up close and violent :rock:

Never got into Soulfly but I should check some of that stuff out.

That was great. Is that actually Alex Newport on stage?
Here’s a cool vid of them back in the day...

No, it was Max's son Igor singing and his other son Zyon on drums. Igor did a fantastic job handling Newport's parts. Their band Lody Kong was one of the openers. Oh, and Mark Rizzo is a BEAST!

Cool band. I’d never heard of them until I saw them and Morbid Angel open for Pantera back in ‘01. Killer fucking show.

I have a video of Rizzo, but I accidentally turned my phone vertical, still very cool though!

Very cool. I thought about seeing this tour also, but this is always a busy time of year. I love the Nailbomb album, and still listen to it regularly....

:rock: :rock: I caught the show here in Calgary last week when they came through. So glad I did. It was really fun seeing that album played live. And agreed on Rizzo, good lord that guy can play.

Yes one of my favorite metal albums from the 90s.
Truthfully, if it was just a regular Soulfly show, I wouldn't have gone. I saw them years ago on the Primitive tour, and their first album was cool, but it's not really what I'm into anymore.

I'm looking forward to the new Soulfly CD. I recently got the new Cavalera Conspiracy and it kicks ass. I have the Nailbomb CD but haven't listened to it in years. Maybe I'll dig it out and put it back in rotation for a while.

I love Rizzo's lead playing. Beast indeed.

Back