Stolen Marshall 2555SL on Ebay

I think everytime I ship something expensive to a stranger, when they give me their address I'll make sure to say; "Oh cool, I have family there."

I wonder how people live always looking over their shoulder for 'that dude' that they ripped off. KY is not that far from me and I'd be taking a road trip up there so fast. And not to get the amp back either. 10x I believe is the number...you steal x from me...10x comes out of your pocket minimum.

I think Bobby Caruso...Private Eye.. Needs to make a call to his business. (y)
If he would just ship the amp back to me the pressure will be gone.... he's so unaware of things, that he never made the connection that it was me asking him for the serial number and pics of the back as soon as it was listed.

If he would just ship the amp back to me the pressure will be gone.... he's so unaware of things, that he never made the connection that it was me asking him for the serial number and pics of the back as soon as it was listed.
You do have the serial # ?

IMG_0117.JPG

here is the back. I can just start to make out the serial number

Looks like 96SL4xxxxx or xxxx the only number I cant make out is whats after the 4 Its either a 5 or 6. I'm thinking its a 6. I can send the photo to someone who has a better laptop than mine if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Looks like 96SL46917 or 45917 the only number I cant make out is whats after the 4 Its either a 5 or 6. I'm thinking its a 6. I can send the photo to someone who has a better laptop than mine if that makes a difference.
My laptop is pretty good and it looks like a six to me also.

I filed a report with the FBI.... I just sent an email to his ebay account asking him to get in contact with me immediately to arrange to ship the amp back to me, and that I have filed reports with his local sheriff's office, FBI, and ebay. I also gave him the last 3 digits of the serial so he knows, I know.

I filed a report with the FBI.... I just sent an email to his ebay account asking him to get in contact with me immediately to arrange to ship the amp back to me, and that I have filed reports with his local sheriff's office, FBI, and ebay. I also gave him the last 3 digits of the serial so he knows, I know.

Get a local paralegal secretary (call some local attorneys for references) to help you file suit yourself in small claims court there in KY. Have him served with the court paperwork, he’ll be a no show for court, you will receive a summary judgement which you can take to the sheriff there in KY and then with the court summary judgement in hand, go there with the sheriff and retrieve your amp or other real property of his of equal value. Or you can use the summary judgement to put a lien of the value of the amp on his car or home.

File a mail fraud case this is a federal crime... mayby interstate currency is also in there somewhere....Send that case no to ebay and tell them to reverse their decesion and refund your money. A lawyer wont charge much to write a few letters..

I've got one of these so went and looked at it..

The first three digits on mine are 96S..that adds up since these came out in 1996 and the S undoubtedly stands for "Slash".

As noted by others the number between the 4 and 9 is somewhat blurred out but I do think its a 6..

So I'm seeing: 96S146917

I've got one of these so went and looked at it..

The first three digits on mine are 96S..that adds up since these came out in 1996 and the S undoubtedly stands for "Slash".

As noted by others the number between the 4 and 9 is somewhat blurred out but I do think its a 6..

So I'm seeing: 96S146917
This is it.

yes... those are my pics. I blocked out the number though after thinking about it
Why? Is it because you are afraid someone will take that info and try to claim the amp as their own?

Plus it is now all over this thread. I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't worry about it. You have enough proof right here at Rig-Talk.

Also, is that this 2555 in your sig? You could take that a step further and put 2555 (Stolen xx/xx/2020 by Wellington Ser# 961234567) :D

Last edited:
First, good luck with getting your amp back or at least the cash for it. Always puts a terrible feeling in my gut when I read stories like this.

Second, please update this thread with any progress! I think we’d all have a drink or two in celebration of justice being served.

Back