Strat, Muff, G12M-70 clip

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaceU4her
  • Start date Start date
RaceU4her

RaceU4her

Well-known member
that thread about Billy Corgan using the G12M-70 got me pumped to try my Strat i got during a SDOTD a couple years ago, ive barely played the thing. This is the Strat, my big muff nano into my Ampeg v50h into my Randall Century 4x12 with G12M-70's. The bass is new stuff too, its a Eminence BP102 i put into my hartke 4x10 that i mic'd up with my Soyuz Bomblet, this is one of my first times mic'ing a bass cab. I tried playing a Smahing Pumpkins kind of riff but i think i just played a Nothing song.


https://app.box.com/embed/s/7wveqyj4bgug8dkn8fn7fjf4o87i41f9
 
Last edited:
that thread about Billy Corgan using the G12M-70 got me pumped to try my Strat i got during a SDOTD a couple years ago, ive barely played the thing. This is the Strat, my big muff nano into my Ampeg v50h into my Randall Century 4x12 with G12M-70's. The bass is new stuff too, its a Eminence BP102 i put into my hartke 4x10 that i mic'd up with my Soyuz Bomblet, this is one of my first times mic'ing a bass cab. I tried playing a Smahing Pumpkins kind of riff but i think i just played a Nothing song.


https://app.box.com/embed/s/qeb1h3vaovpif7bc0eefz4jp2912lyux
That’s some real nice heavy thick crunch you got there brother.

I liked that.
 
Definitely damn close. I never would have expected those speakers to sound that good.
 
Nice Randall Cab......

Honestly Randall Cabs are fucking great.

Cheers man *_*
 
Definitely damn close. I never would have expected those speakers to sound that good.


this cab always sounded plenty good to me, i wasnt even sure what speakers were in it when i got it, i just wanted the matching cab to my Century head, when i found out what they were i was told by the internet they are terrible :dunno: im gonna use it for a while with all my other gear and see whats up
 
that thread about Billy Corgan using the G12M-70 got me pumped to try my Strat i got during a SDOTD a couple years ago, ive barely played the thing. This is the Strat, my big muff nano into my Ampeg v50h into my Randall Century 4x12 with G12M-70's. The bass is new stuff too, its a Eminence BP102 i put into my hartke 4x10 that i mic'd up with my Soyuz Bomblet, this is one of my first times mic'ing a bass cab. I tried playing a Smahing Pumpkins kind of riff but i think i just played a Nothing song.


https://app.box.com/embed/s/4gw5uhq3mvdpojd4ar1sq1illuh350m1
Sounds fukken RAD bro! A joy to have inspired another to rock out and record!

Definitely damn close. I never would have expected those speakers to sound that good.
Needs the Op-Amp fuzz and it's one-hunnid.
 
Love that heavy tone! Nice recording all around.

I don't always use a Big Muff, but when I do, it sounds badass.
9458.jpg


The G12m-70 is far from my fav speaker, but I found it has it's charms while comparing it to others. I could see it being more useful in a 4x12, than in the open-back JCM800s they came in.
 
Sounds fukken RAD bro! A joy to have inspired another to rock out and record!


Needs the Op-Amp fuzz and it's one-hunnid.

thank you. i have zero experience with this strat, or any single coils for that matter, but this pedal is a lot less gnarly with this guitar than any of my others, not exactly what i was expecting


Love that heavy tone! Nice recording all around.

I don't always use a Big Muff, but when I do, it sounds badass.
View attachment 457417

The G12m-70 is far from my fav speaker, but I found it has it's charms while comparing it to others. I could see it being more useful in a 4x12, than in the open-back JCM800s they came in.


thanks. do you run them into a clean platform??
 
this cab always sounded plenty good to me, i wasnt even sure what speakers were in it when i got it, i just wanted the matching cab to my Century head, when i found out what they were i was told by the internet they are terrible :dunno: im gonna use it for a while with all my other gear and see whats up
Well it is the combination that matters. Cab construction is as big a difference maker as the speaker. I have never tried those but Internet told me they were no good, Internet was wrong.
 
thank you. i have zero experience with this strat, or any single coils for that matter, but this pedal is a lot less gnarly with this guitar than any of my others, not exactly what i was expecting





thanks. do you run them into a clean platform??
Yeah, mostly clean for the Big Muff. Like most older fuzz or distortion pedals, it benefits from running into an amp with some volume, or a master volume amp set close to breakup, with a bit of a volume boost from the pedal. IMO
Def not the pedal you want to use with your AC15 barely making noise, and the pedal turned down even lower, for bedroom volumes. It needs something following it that adds compression and trims off the outer frequencies.
 
Great tone Bro, thank you for posting.

thank you and everyone for listening!



Well it is the combination that matters. Cab construction is as big a difference maker as the speaker. I have never tried those but Internet told me they were no good, Internet was wrong.

im listening to some clips now, and im just not sure whats so offensive about them, just seems like a different flavor to me.






 
Another comparison clip, V30 vs G12M70 vs Randall Jaguar. Definitely sounds worth having one around especially for Metal.

 
Listened again; that is some serious pumkin spice karate, @RaceU4her.

Makes me want to come over and jam. LEGIT!
 
Dude, that sounded great !! I did not expect less :LOL: Great job on the bass as well !
 

Similar threads

RaceU4her
Replies
12
Views
712
RaceU4her
RaceU4her
RaceU4her
Replies
36
Views
2K
BenoA
BenoA
RaceU4her
Replies
19
Views
1K
Chuggs_The_Barbarian
Chuggs_The_Barbarian
Back
Top