Strymon just finished a batch of El Capistans...

Motorpud

I just got an email from them saying they have a new batch done and can ship within one business day. Just figured I'd pass along the info if anyone was looking to get one and not wait for 4 weeks :thumbsup:

Check-out an SIB Echodrive. Best (front of the amp) echo ever! Don't bother with an analog one though... Those go for over $1,500.00 USD. :worship:

Aside from Rick's personal analog model - I have the only two analog Echodrive's that were hand-built by Rick Hamel himself. One is a revised analog model that was never released to the public. The other is one that was built to my own specifications! I'm however not permitted to show it to the public per Rick's request. I wanted to do a YouTube video of it, but Rick has asked me not to do that.

I can say that Rick is coming out with a modulation box that you can plug into the pedal-controller input. This will simulate tape-like "wow and flutter"! I have additional info...but I'm sworn to secrecy... :scared:

Echodrive":2vm7oyl5 said:
Check-out the SIB Echodrive... Best (front of the amp) echo ever! Don't bother with the analog one though... Those go for over $1,500.00 USD. :worship:

Rick is coming out with a modulation box that you can plug into the pedal-controller input. This will simulate tape-like "wow and flutter". I have additional info - but I'm sworn to secrecy... :aww:

I'm not in the market for a delay. I've already got a Damage Control Timeline. It's easily the best delay I've ever used and has something like 1200 MIDI switchable presets so I'm set. Thanks for the info, but I'm totally satisfied :LOL: :LOL:

Motorpud":cal0esf8 said:
Echodrive":cal0esf8 said:
Check-out the SIB Echodrive... Best (front of the amp) echo ever! Don't bother with the analog one though... Those go for over $1,500.00 USD. :worship:

Rick is coming out with a modulation box that you can plug into the pedal-controller input. This will simulate tape-like "wow and flutter". I have additional info - but I'm sworn to secrecy... :aww:

I'm not in the market for a delay. I've already got a Damage Control Timeline. It's easily the best delay I've ever used and has something like 1200 MIDI switchable presets so I'm set. Thanks for the info, but I'm totally satisfied :LOL: :LOL:

Well, I don't know if the DCTL sounds better with actual use? As long as you like it - that's what really counts. The "disco" lights are another issue altogether... :confused:

Yeah I love it man, thing is awesome. I was just putting up this thread because there was a 4 week wait before and I know people were ordering them, I figured I'd give everyone a heads up that there was no wait. I'd like to try one of the SIB delays but I couldn't justify spending the money on an area where I'm all set. Now amps are another story :LOL: :LOL:

Ayyyyyy Barzini, how does the Strymon compare to the Replex? Obviously it has more features and stuff, but how's the tone? :thumbsup:

Echodrive":15n1thih said:
Check-out an SIB Echodrive. Best (front of the amp) echo ever! Don't bother with an analog one though... Those go for over $1,500.00 USD. :worship:

Aside from Rick's personal analog model - I have the only two analog Echodrive's that were hand-built by Rick Hamel himself. One is a revised analog model that was never released to the public. The other is one that was built to my own specifications! I'm however not permitted to show it to the public per Rick's request. I wanted to do a YouTube video of it, but Rick has asked me not to do that.

I can say that Rick is coming out with a modulation box that you can plug into the pedal-controller input. This will simulate tape-like "wow and flutter"! I have additional info...but I'm sworn to secrecy... :scared:

Why not just make your own Echodrive thread?

psychodave":9n8skh8m said:
Wow, it looks like a killer pedal. I may have to get one, but $300 is a little steep. :aww:

I bought one from James Peters and he threw in a Vox wah case that is now an expression pedal for $300 shipped, figured I trust him and the vox pedal was free.

Need to blow out the DL-4 now.

danyeo":z6vohzy5 said:
Echodrive":z6vohzy5 said:

Why not just make your own Echodrive thread?

While I do favor the Echodrive, it's strictly a "front of the amp" echo for sure. I want to check-out this El Capistan though. I'm running a Matchless "Hot Box Classic" into my the front of a Mesa Mark IIC+ with 2 x THD Yellow Jackets in the outside sockets. I little bit of home-made Simu-Class! :yes:

Motorpud":rylczwv0 said:
Yeah I love it man, thing is awesome. I was just putting up this thread because there was a 4 week wait before and I know people were ordering them, I figured I'd give everyone a heads up that there was no wait. I'd like to try one of the SIB delays but I couldn't justify spending the money on an area where I'm all set. Now amps are another story :LOL: :LOL:

+1 The Timeline rocks so hard...plus it includes a dual looper!

donbarzini":3q9u71zr said:
Nigel Tufnel":3q9u71zr said:
Ayyyyyy Barzini, how does the Strymon compare to the Replex? Obviously it has more features and stuff, but how's the tone? :thumbsup:

You can ask Chubtone this as well. I used the Replex for years, it was the ONLY pedal that came close to the tape echo IMO but with a price. It colors your tone a bit too much. Also, the louder you played, it would become quite boomy. I tried so many different different tubes and even had it modded to do wet only, that is how much I liked it, which was a big improvement but it now had to be run in a parallel mix. The El Capistan it much more transparent, has many more features and has that same Echoplex tone IMO. Let's just say I am done with the Echoplex in a pedal search and the Replex is gone.

Will this go 100% wet in a parallel setup?

se7en":1noeqfv6 said:
Motorpud":1noeqfv6 said:

+1 The Timeline rocks so hard...plus it includes a dual looper!

Yep, I'm hooked on the timeline :thumbsup: I like it so much it makes me want to try some of the Strymon pedals but I'm out of gear money right now :cry:

I just received my new custom designed Echodrive from Rick Hamel today. Rick built me a standard SIB blue analog model last year. After playing it, I came up with some ideas as to how I would want one to operate. I asked Rick if he could build one with my own ideas incorporated into them? First he said no - but then called me back to say that he could... Cool!

I had him put in a drive on/off function for switch #1, an echo "spill-over" on/off for switch #2, and a tri-color indicator light to let me know what mode I'm in. I'll post a video soon...

It's funny - I came up with the changes, and even thanked Rick for doing them. He comes back with; "What do you mean? Those are my changes..." :LOL: :LOL:

Cool you should start a thread about :LOL: :LOL: This one was just a PSA to let people know there were come El Capistans available :thumbsup:

Back