Stumped? No amps on stage..?

Stratboy151

Went to a local country music bar checked out a band. The guys had NO amps onstage. Was kinda weird. I was lookin around to try to find something hiding offstage but nope, nothing. They all had pedalboards with a buncha shit on them, but no modelling processors or anything. I was impressed at the tones i was hearing. Was wondering how they were gettin those great tone direct, i guess i shouldve been askin those guys not you! Anyway just thought i'd share whats going on live out there..

its the prototype axe fx guitars :LOL: :LOL:

in all honesty/joking aside i bet they were running distortion pedals into effects and running them into snakes for the PA.

racerevlon":3o38vd7h said:
Pedals + EHX 44 Magnum + DI straight to the board?
Shouldn't need 44 Magnum for going DI, but so many pedals out there have simulates speaker outputs, that it wouldn't be too surprising if try were running dirt straight into the board. That's what I plan on doing soon.

:thumbsup:

Have some friends in a "Top 40" cover band that use the Roland VG-88's and V-bass on both the guitars and bass straight into the pa and they sound really good. They play with many different tones as well as different tunings on the same instrument and its all done with the simple press of a button for the different patches.

I didnt notice any sansamps or magnum 44's but there couldve been. all 3 guitarists had pretty big boards but from where i was standing it just looked like the usual suspects. The tones were really good thats why i was kinda shocked if they were just runnin dirt pedals DI into the FOH. They were all using in ears too so the stage was so empty it was weird.

We opened for 38 special a few years ago. The only amp on stage was the bass amp which I thing he used for a personal monitor. The guitars were Pods direct board and they sound phenomenal. Of course, this was with mega wattage PA.

Back