Stunning Caparison Horus with flamed maple top

I bought my Jackson Stars Kelly from that seller. Great service and shipping as described if that helps anybody.

014.JPG

My Ibanez S7420 in Twilight Blue had a top that looked JUST LIKE that one. I would have so kept that guitar if it wasn't a 7 string.

I would definitely buy a Caprison like this if they didn't have Floyd Roses. I think I'm one of the few guys on this forum who can't jive with 'em.

Honestly I think it's quite a bit overpriced for what it is, the top isn't that nice and the neck is a twice piece, plus if I were to play a "super strat" I'd want 25.5 scale.

Love the neck joint and the body carve, as well as the inlays, just don't think the craftsmanship looks up to par with the price. For that kind of money I could have an incredible Suhr!

Dallas Marlow":2303e597 said:
Honestly I think it's quite a bit overpriced for what it is, the top isn't that nice and the neck is a twice piece, plus if I were to play a "super strat" I'd want 25.5 scale.

Love the neck joint and the body carve, as well as the inlays, just don't think the craftsmanship looks up to par with the price. For that kind of money I could have an incredible Suhr!

As I said, they make the 25.5" scale Dellinger model in the same finish/style. I've owned 20+ Caparisons and a number of Suhr's. They're equally nice IMO. Just different styles. And most Suhr's with the specs of that Horus are a bit more than $2800 new. They're closer to 4 grand from what I've seen.

mrp5150":k1n7xhlh said:
jonny toetags":k1n7xhlh said:
I prefer the sponge finishes myself.
Flames are far from classy, imo. :thumbsdown:

You really don't like flamed or quilted tops huh? :LOL: :LOL:

I seem to recall a certain someone who used to think exactly the same way. ;)

Code001":2h2mpstg said:
mrp5150":2h2mpstg said:
jonny toetags":2h2mpstg said:
I prefer the sponge finishes myself.
Flames are far from classy, imo. :thumbsdown:

You really don't like flamed or quilted tops huh? :LOL: :LOL:

I seem to recall a certain someone who used to think exactly the same way. ;)

Everyone changes their opinions on certain things over time. I do recall a certain someone not liking a certain Gibby Les Paul I sold to them a while back...but now he says it's the only guitar he regrets selling and wants another one. :confused: :D :LOL: :LOL:

Yes, I sold the LP to buy new suspension for my car. It had a low fret, and the neck angle seemed slightly off. There's a difference between that and someone saying how awful figured tops are, then doing a total 360 and loving them. \:D/

Code001":2ix0inyi said:
Yes, I sold the LP to buy new suspension for my car. It had a low fret, and the neck angle seemed slightly off. There's a difference between that and someone saying how awful figured tops are, then doing a total 360 and loving them. \:D/

Your neck angle seems slightly off. Yeah, I said it. :gethim:

And don't act like you've never said you disliked something and then liked it at a later date, whether it be guitar related or not. :LOL: :LOL:

mrp5150":3c4klkdp said:
don't act like you've never said you disliked something and then liked it at a later date, whether it be guitar related or not. :LOL: :LOL:

I don't have to act. :D

Back