Stupid amp descriptions/sayings...

This…

It takes me a few minutes to adjust my playing when going from solid state to tubes. 🤣
Yeah. Depending on the amp. Feel is very unimportant as you get used to it on an amp. But that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable. And mostly, the feel thing is when you have a tube amp cranked pretty good, because that is when the power transfer can get stunted a bit. But I love it and it is weird, cuz you get that volume behind you, and it is like you are "feeling' the amp. I still remember the first time i experienced it.

oh i love tone adjectives. "Wooly", "Ice Picky", and "nasily" are my fav adjectives to describe lows, highs, and mids.

For everyone that doesn't know what "WOODY TONE" is....this is it right here.

I think I actually kind of hear it now, it’s very middy and open sounding with a kind of rolled off top, almost similar to hitting a wood block. Not one of ac/dc’s better tones imo

I recently picked up a PRS Archon 50. Never understood what "Chewy" was supposed to mean until I played this amp. Chewy is exactly how I would describe it.

Not a diss on Splawn brother; just poking fun at the predictable merry go round of sell/buy same amps rinse repeat. Of course we all do the same thing lol
I did play a QR and it had a huge set of balls; nice amp. The Nitro I didn’t care for.
Right on brother. I remember you said somewhere that you were not blown away by a Splawn. Maybe you were talking about the Nitro? Never played one. If you get to the midwest let me know :)

Now back to that tone being warm AND bright :D

I think you are saying warm is more about mids and I'm saying warm is more of a feel thing. ???!!

Pretty much every descriptive word means something different for each person. So from now on I'm only going to describe amps as it gives me a raging huge man boner or it leaves me flaccid. Take that description however you want. LOL! :D

While I’m gratified to have owned some killer amps from rad builders,
I’m a bit disgruntled none of them commissioned me to rectify this overlooked disease in the boutique bullcrap industry.

1st things 1st,
STOP installing your last name
all over your creations for fuch’s sake!LOL!,
-Come on dude’s that one was funny as hell!!!

The branding/badge layout NEEDS TO GO
PRONTO.
Their initials on the backside lower corner, is
all we need.
Start THERE and report back on the
internet message boards…
No more outta me.

Musical - never really understood what that means. “This amp is so musical”

Tone - As in this amp has tone. Well what tone, does it amplify 1kHz really well or something. Saying an amp has tone is like saying someone is nice. Now saying that I like the tones an amp produces to me means something. But leave off the ‘s’ and I am scratching my head.

Back