Suhr Koko Boost v1 VS Reloaded

Have any of you experienced both? Thinking about getting one to tighten up the gain on my amp and for a mid boost that isn't congested. V1 looks a bit more practical with the 2 switches, but the newer Reloaded version seems to be an improvement in other areas. Whaddya think, gents?

I have the version 1 Koko boost. It is a great pedal. I use the mid boost more then anything. I still use the Boss SD-1 for tightening things up. You can use the Boss SD-1 and the mid boost at the same time. If you use the boost on the Koko boost and the Boss SD-1 at the same time it does not work out so good. The mid boost is a great tone shaping tool on the Koko boost. I was on the fence on which version to get also and watched a lot of YouTube videos and the version one Koko boost is what I went with.

I have a the koko boost reloaded. I like it because the mid q really makes a difference depending on the guitar and amp you are using.

I've never played either but plan to get the V1 when I am able to. There is a lot of info and Gear Page helps me a lot with pedal questions. There's some differences I heard in the voicing and the two button is awesome.

I'm sure the reloaded has its advantages but the best reply I got about this from somebody was that there is a reason why you always see the reloaded for sale and not the V1.

Just got a V1 Koko for a good price on ebay.

Anyone still rocking this? I have been wanting on for a long time and finally found a good deal when I had the money. Pretty stoked.

I think the Reloaded has too much gain, almost like a distortion pedal. The V1 is a killer OD!

V1 Koko is my favorite pedal ever, mine is never going anywhere. I haven't found an amp yet that can't be made more versatile with a Koko in front of it.

tripstan":2quqwvz5 said:
V1 +1. I'd agree reloaded has too much gain for what I and most others use this for.

does that make it less usable even on lower gain settings? is it the the extra gain available that is the problem, or that it has a different color?

sumis":1a20c82o said:
tripstan":1a20c82o said:
V1 +1. I'd agree reloaded has too much gain for what I and most others use this for.

does that make it less usable even on lower gain settings? is it the the extra gain available that is the problem, or that it has a different color?

IMHO, it goes from no gain to too much, in a smaller turn of the gain knob than the V1 had.

How are you setting your Koko Classic up?

You can only use one switch at a time correct?

I was hoping to use one for always on boost and the other for lead cutting?

It's in the mail so I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

AndyK":1qtqky0r said:
sumis":1qtqky0r said:
tripstan":1qtqky0r said:

IMHO, it goes from no gain to too much, in a smaller turn of the gain knob than the V1 had.

ok. thanks. does that mean that you can't find an equivalent sweet spot, or just that the pot has a wider range?

i'm asking this honestly and naively (not trying to be a smart ass). just wondering if the v2 has more of what you don't need, ot if it is impossible to set it to sound similar to the v1 (apart from the differences in mid voicing)?

when you're saying that it has too much gain, the natural response would be: turn the gain down then :)

thanks again. just looking for opinions here.

V1 is my favorite drive pedal and has been for years.

As far as the gain range goes, I set booth sides between 9:00 and just under 12:00 depending on what I am looking for. No need to go anywhere over noon on the gain knob for me.

sumis":3n7s6lte said:
when you're saying that it has too much gain, the natural response would be: turn the gain down then :)

thanks again. just looking for opinions here.

To me, it had too much gain no matter how it was set, this for pushing an already crunchy Marshall.

Never played a V1 but I have the V2. Never do I go above 10 o'clock on the gain side and 1 o'clock on the mid boost side, and that's the most I ever used. I agree they could have cut the gain down some on these to give a broader range of use in the controls. The Q control, 3 way switch and size made me choose the V2 over the V1.

Maybe they'll come out with a Reloaded Reloaded. you know, like a Duncan Custom Custom. :LOL: :LOL:

boost":jtelxjzm said:
Never played a V1 but I have the V2. Never do I go above 10 o'clock on the gain side and 1 o'clock on the mid boost side, and that's the most I ever used. I agree they could have cut the gain down some on these to give a broader range of use in the controls. The Q control, 3 way switch and size made me choose the V2 over the V1.

Maybe they'll come out with a Reloaded Reloaded. you know, like a Duncan Custom Custom. :LOL: :LOL:

I am still waiting on my V1 to be delivered but on paper, I think I would want a 4 button Koko.

Add a volume knob to both sides and also allow us to engage both switches at the same time. Leave 1 side always on and the other for a solo boost with extra volume if needed.

I have always felt they needed to have a switchable knob for the boost side so I can have TWO mid boosts. I love the mid side and the boost side not as much. It is too thick. But if i had first mid boost and then the second i could kick in for leads? Flavour country.

Back