Suhr SL68 speakers

piemonte

Hi everyone

I've just taken delivery of my Suhr SL68 here in Italy, it took a while to arrive but it's worth it:) I want to buy a new 4 x 12 cab with Greenbacks, but can't decide between the G12M or the G12H 55's. I'm really after that old school classic rock tone, nothing too trebley or spiky Has anyone had any experience using both these types of speakers with the SL68?
I currently using an Orange 2 x12 with Vintage 30's which is ok but I want a more vintage vide.
This is the first amp that has really given me that old plexi tone that I got many many years ago but at a moderate volume, I prefer it by far to my Marshall YJM which is way too aggressive for me and not as musical as the SL68. Thank you for a great product John:)
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I used Scumback cabs and speakers with the SL68 and it was a prefect match IMO. Specifically the M75s, which are Jim's take on G12M pre-rola era greenback. Get FBI if you go with the Scumbacks…..well worth it!

piemonte":3ir62nne said:
Hi everyone

I've just taken delivery of my Suhr SL68 here in Italy, it took a while to arrive but it's worth it:) I want to buy a new 4 x 12 cab with Greenbacks, but can't decide between the G12M or the G12H 55's. I'm really after that old school classic rock tone, nothing too trebley or spiky Has anyone had any experience using both these types of speakers with the SL68?
I currently using an Orange 2 x12 with Vintage 30's which is ok but I want a more vintage vide.
This is the first amp that has really given me that old plexi tone that I got many many years ago but at a moderate volume, I prefer it by far to my Marshall YJM which is way too aggressive for me and not as musical as the SL68. Thank you for a great product John:)
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Back