Sylosis mix: not too shabby!

VESmedic

Mixed this the other day. All my tones.

Bass: a shitload of compression, sansamp, more limiting, a lot of eq. As always

Guitars: morin modded Marshall, rev F recto, both on a recto traditional cab, 57/421 combo.

Drums: only thing replaced was the snare and kick, a combination of a few from superior drums death kit.

Vocals: 1176 into an la2a, scheps omni channel for more eq.
Master buss: some limiting,sonnox inflator( lightly), ssl buss compression, and that’s it.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0weo...RN-2.wav?rlkey=lnps70ijeg0c2zw1mw4skjg3i&dl=0

Mixed this the other day. All my tones.

Bass: a shitload of compression, sansamp, more limiting, a lot of eq. As always

Guitars: morin modded Marshall, rev F recto, both on a recto traditional cab, 57/421 combo.

Drums: only thing replaced was the snare and kick, a combination of a few from superior drums death kit.

Vocals: 1176 into an la2a, scheps omni channel for more eq.
Master buss: some limiting,sonnox inflator( lightly), ssl buss compression, and that’s it.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0weo...RN-2.wav?rlkey=lnps70ijeg0c2zw1mw4skjg3i&dl=0

and somewhere in the corner of a dark room... your analog hardware chain sits collecting dust and crying itself to sleep every night...... unless you were actually using an 1176 and LA2A and SSL buss comp?

I like the drums approach. My basement sucks but for the most part, I've got usable tones. Kick and Snare though, lacking. A blended in kick isn't hurting anyone. ( or a replace)

and somewhere in the corner of a dark room... your analog hardware chain sits collecting dust and crying itself to sleep every night...... unless you were actually using an 1176 and LA2A and SSL buss comp?

I like the drums approach. My basement sucks but for the most part, I've got usable tones. Kick and Snare though, lacking. A blended in kick isn't hurting anyone. ( or a replace)

I do, in fact, have a real 1176 ( IGS clone) and ssl buss comp. 2 in fact, one from IGS, and the audioscape buss comp as well :)

I love using real drums 100 percent! The real kick and snare on this sounded great, as it was obviously tracked as professional as it gets. I’m just not good enough yet to get the consistency of using a blended kick and snare for fast stuff like this and automating different articulations when needed etc haha! Maybeeeee if I was getting paid to do it, but that ain’t happening anytime soon I’m sure.

Back