Synergy amps

I was just asking someone about how SYN compared to Randall and they said the one downside to the SYN30 anyway, is that there was no master volume. So you have to control master volume through the module. The one on board volume is for the built in clean channel. Everyone knows that these modules sound best further up or in my opinion, pretty much on 10. Opens up the sound and is less compressed. So the SYN30 while a great idea and a fine sounding clean, kind of fails in execution for the module.

sotosprince":10pjufgo said:
Me I'm also interested in the synergy modules! I have the chance to buy the Randall rm 100 with 3 modules for 500 euros. I'm mainly interested in the fryette deliverance module.

Just grab the RAndall for much cheaper and then you can use synergy modules in there. You just have to manually choose which channel you want with a switch on the module itself as the synergy dual module is not compatible with randalls switching. Might be an issue if you count on this live.

Kapo_Polenton":13ouf9q5 said:
sotosprince":13ouf9q5 said:
Me I'm also interested in the synergy modules! I have the chance to buy the Randall rm 100 with 3 modules for 500 euros. I'm mainly interested in the fryette deliverance module.

Just grab the RAndall for much cheaper and then you can use synergy modules in there. You just have to manually choose which channel you want with a switch on the module itself as the synergy dual module is not compatible with randalls switching. Might be an issue if you count on this live.
Thx! Now I need to decide.. Shall I go with the Randall or the laboga? Haha

The Randalls can do it but at this point I wouldn't invest anything in that amp system regardless of price. Grab a syn 1 or syn2 and put it into a decent tube head and you will be super happy and also leave you with lots of flexibility. Never tried the syn heads, but not having a depth on the syn30 is a dealbreaker for me, plus I don't want to be married to that hard wired clean channel. If I tried a head it would have to be the 50.

crankyrayhanky said:
The Randalls can do it but at this point I wouldn't invest anything in that amp system regardless of price. Grab a syn 1 or syn2 and put it into a decent tube head and you will be super happy and also leave you with lots of flexibility. Never tried the syn heads, but not having a depth on the syn30 is a dealbreaker for me, plus I don't want to be married to that hard wired clean channel. If I tried a head it would have to be the 50.
I agree. Having said that I think I will just wait to find a used syn 1 cause here in Europe they cost about 500 euros + 400 euros for a module

crankyrayhanky":3fngts2w said:

You are probably right, SYN-1 is best option for people just getting into it these days. If you have a loop, it is a no brainer. Also good to go direct with power amp sim into DAW for practice. Nice and clean, doesn't take up a ton of space. Cranky do you regret selling the Salvation double module rack unit you bought or was it the right move to go into the Synergy stuff? I know the Salvo was designed in a similar way, be switched in and out through a loop.

I might have missed it somewhere in the thread but one of the drawbacks of using the randall stuff with the synergy gear is you can't switch channels by footswitch. So you would be stuck with one channel per module. If that doesn't matter then more power to you.

Kapo_Polenton":urkxaliv said:
Cranky do you regret selling the Salvation double module rack unit you bought or was it the right move to go into the Synergy stuff? I know the Salvo was designed in a similar way, be switched in and out through a loop.

I loved the Salvation Rack. I was preparing for a move across the country and put a lot of things up for sale to cut down on gear for the truck space as well as free up cash. So I do not regret selling it as it was needed, but I am sad to see it gone. It worked really well and integrated right in with the synergy racks. The tone was fantastic! I sold a bunch of cool stuff including a mint USA green Wolfgang. That thing was incredible.

It's only stuff, I now have more space and cash and bought more things. Over the years I sold lots of stuff that was amazing to me so I must be a into the pain of loss followed by the thrill of the hunt.

The Uber module kind of gets in the ballpark of the Cobra hi gain stuff if anyone is syn curious. That uber & PBall module are my current go to hi gain tones, going into a Diamond Nitrox 100w power section.

guidedbyechoes":gmm54aq7 said:
I might have missed it somewhere in the thread but one of the drawbacks of using the randall stuff with the synergy gear is you can't switch channels by footswitch. So you would be stuck with one channel per module. If that doesn't matter then more power to you.

It is, I can confirm that unless you have your Randall head modded, you can only choose one channel accessible to you at a time. You need to manually remove it and switch to the one you want. I just bought a Friedman BB/BE to see what the fuss is all about and can confirm this. Was underwhelmed at first by the BE thinking the Brahma already does a similar sound and does it better but as I cranked it, I think I get what all the fanfair is about. diff beast with some volume. You need volume..even just the master at 3 (is loud) allows you to really hear the modules.

Questions about the Uber , what is the Blue channel because it sound nothing like the Uber , much more Marshall or and XTC red with the gain back off and tightened up , just curious. is the blue channel 3 gain stages and red 4 , anyone have a shot of the PCB just curious as to what changed between channel 1 and 2 as they sound very different

anyone know , paging @crankyrayhanky as this is a thread from 2020 lol

Last edited:
Questions about the Uber , what is the Blue channel because it sound nothing like the Uber , much more Marshall or and XTC red with the gain back off and tightened up , just curious. is the blue channel 3 gain stages and red 4 , anyone have a shot of the PCB just curious as to what changed between channel 1 and 2 as they sound very different

anyone know , paging @crankyrayhanky as this is a thread from 2020 lol
Go to the Egnater/Synergy Facebook groop. A lot of knowledge there.

Tried that no luck, it does not appear a lot of people own that module on the forums , mostly SLO Fryette or XTC

Anyone have an Uber :)
Yes I have one, and an Uber TJ amp. Roughly speaking the module seems to do each channel, but I think you're right - the blue channel on the module seems less Bogner, more Marshall.

We've acquired quite a lot of gear lately for some projects going on so was thinking of putting up some videos comparing amps, speakers, cabs etc. Could included the Synergy stuff too, if you get the power amp right they sound good.

Yes I have one, and an Uber TJ amp. Roughly speaking the module seems to do each channel, but I think you're right - the blue channel on the module seems less Bogner, more Marshall.

We've acquired quite a lot of gear lately for some projects going on so was thinking of putting up some videos comparing amps, speakers, cabs etc. Could included the Synergy stuff too, if you get the power amp right they sound good.
Thanks for the info ya the blue sounds different to me , i am just wondering if it is a 3 stage preamp
Or 4 , I know it is difficult but i am trying to find a shot of the actual
PCB , i have seen shots of all the other mods freidman etc
The reason is i actually love that sound and what to see if it could actually work in a full amp circuit
For personal use

Thanks for the info ya the blue sounds different to me , i am just wondering if it is a 3 stage preamp
Or 4 , I know it is difficult but i am trying to find a shot of the actual
PCB , i have seen shots of all the other mods freidman etc
The reason is i actually love that sound and what to see if it could actually work in a full amp circuit
For personal use
Shoot me a PM (y)

Back