Synergy Inbound!

congrats,

I'm still on the fence for a synergy Syn-2 preamp to pair with my Engl E850/100. My two leading modules now are the Vai and the 800.

If they have a sale, and I have points, I may get it.

Synergy sounds damn good with a Fryette Powerstation. I use my PS100 for my setup. I believe that's one of the main power amps they use to test modules when designing.

If you want something that cleans up all the way don't get the plexi module. There's always a hint of dirt in it no matter how low you set the gain. you'd probably be better off with the metroplex in that regard. The Bman is a good choice. I got one during the Christmas sale. It cleanes up well on ch1 and I was surprised with the amount of gain available on ch2. Plus it works really well for bass which is what I'm mainly using it for.

Oh and don't forget that the old Randall/Egnater MTS modules work with Synergy. Rob @ Jaded Faith still does mods which will open up a bunch of different available tones.
Just don't use the 1st gen Randall modules (the all chrome ones) with Synergy. It'll fry your SYN2. The boards don't seat properly in the SYN2 and will arch across the pins.

I recently got a Dirty Shirley module... so far it sounds great, I'm liking it more than the Plexi and Metro modules I had.

I've debated going for the Synergy 50w Head and a couple modules. Anyone know if the power section in the head is good?

I folded. Had some points that were about to expire. Syn-2 rack and Ecstasy module. still shopping for a second module, too much to choose from lol. Will probably go lower gain for the 2nd, probably bman or plexi or AC. Definitely getting a SLO too.

Going to use with my Fryette PS-2. PUMPED!!!!
Nice one, let us know what you think. The SLO and Uber modules were my favourites, and the BMAN for cleans.

I've debated going for the Synergy 50w Head and a couple modules. Anyone know if the power section in the head is good?
Not the head but the rack power amp and it seemed wimpy, not sure how similar they are though.

Oh and +1 on trying some Jaded Faith stuff, Rob does good work. As does Salvation, but only worth exploring if you're an extremely patient dude.

I use a Syn1 with a PS2. The SLO is my favorite up to this point. I have tried the BE, Vai, Deliverance, and 6505.

Sold the Deliverance but wish I would have kept it. The BE is OK by itself but too smooth for a mix for my tastes. The Vai sounds great and versatile, but I don't use it. 6505 is fun as well, but all of those except the SLO could be traded for something that I have not tried yet. Would love to have the Friedman spec Brahma that was my #1 tone for years back but I have no idea who I sold it to.

Funny I had one of those heads a couple of years ago and thought it was a little too bright . Now I'm in the process of finding one to to try it out again . Problem I had was I compared it to my Synergy rack setup. Bad mistake!!

I went all in on Synergy gear a couple years ago, but just finished selling it all off. The tones and feel are excellent no doubt. At one point I had 10 modules and they just all sounded so similar that I started selling them off one by one. It was a genuine lesson in how much the power amp imparts on your tone...using the same power amp with any given module was what made things sound so similar. That being said, I REALLY liked the Uberschall, 800, and Deliverance modules. The Powerball was sick too. OP I think you are going to enjoy the Synergy system. Get ready for a pretty deep rabbit hole!

The MTS RT 2/50 was always praised a lot. So maybe that`s an option for the syn system?

This is what I have, and what I'd recommend...when you can find them. I've got EL34s in one side, and 6L6s in the other, and I can switch between them when I switch channels/modules. Sure, it's not gonna sound exactly like the power amp of the module's name sake, but the RT2/50 isn't a bland, neutral sounding power amp like some of the others are. I can't imagine ever selling mine. It's got a pretty unique set of features while also sounding great.

Funny I had one of those heads a couple of years ago and thought it was a little too bright . Now I'm in the process of finding one to to try it out again . Problem I had was I compared it to my Synergy rack setup. Bad mistake!!
Let us know your findings if you go with the head again. That's really only been my holdup as from what little I've been able to gather on the head the power section isn't all that great.

Maybe I should try the SYN1 hooked up with my amps to test the waters first. I'm really interested in the 6505 module.

I folded. Had some points that were about to expire. Syn-2 rack and Ecstasy module. still shopping for a second module, too much to choose from lol. Will probably go lower gain for the 2nd, probably bman or plexi or AC. Definitely getting a SLO too.

Going to use with my Fryette PS-2. PUMPED!!!!
Isn't the Ecstasy already low gain? Lol.

I recently got the Syn2 and 5 modules. I am loving it so far. The modules can have a sameness, but that is where the self control comes in to not buy them all.

Nice one, let us know what you think. The SLO and Uber modules were my favourites, and the BMAN for cleans.

Not the head but the rack power amp and it seemed wimpy, not sure how similar they are though.

Oh and +1 on trying some Jaded Faith stuff, Rob does good work. As does Salvation, but only worth exploring if you're an extremely patient dude.
I have considered buying the Syn5050 power amp, but I see a lot of negative things on it. Does it not sound big and chunky? I am currently using a 4xKT88 power amp

I went Synergy last summer and it’s an amazing system. I’m using the SYN-2 into a KSR PA-25 and usually a Mesa 2x12 rec cab. I have 4 modules and I really don’t have any desire to get another module anytime soon. I have uberschall, SLO, BE-DLX and 2CP. I had the ecstasy for a short time but I returned it. I just didn’t gel with it and I felt like the tone I was trying to get from it was really just too similar to the SLO and BE-DLX in a way. I’ve been tempted to get one of the fryette modules or the Engl savage. For me, I feel like nothing can beat the uberschall module. That’s really the perfect mod for me.

Isn't the Ecstasy already low gain? Lol.

I recently got the Syn2 and 5 modules. I am loving it so far. The modules can have a sameness, but that is where the self control comes in to not buy them all.
While I love the bigger, higher gain sounds, the ecstasy red channel is way higher gain that what i usually play with. Most of the stuff I play live is more in the vein of Southern rock\classic rock gain. I have an actual 101b and basically i live on the blue channel, excited to see how this stacks up.
When I buy some of the other true high gain modules, it will be purely as an indulgence and less about functional use for me.

Back