Talk me in to/out of a Jubilee 100

How do you set it up for high gain at low volumes ?
I run a sd1 +/_ mojomojo into mine for low volume high gain....pedals make up for the sin of running the output master below 6. It actually doesn't sound that bad with the output master at 4 or so....in fact I have been running it there last few jams.

I run a sd1 +/_ mojomojo into mine for low volume high gain....pedals make up for the sin of running the output master below 6. It actually doesn't sound that bad with the output master at 4 or so....in fact I have been running it there last few jams.
If you like the tone with either master below 6, good for you. I only mention 'above 6' because 100% of the time, when someone thinks it's 'thin' sounding they always have one or the other below 6. Or the gain also. When they bring it up, boom there it is.
It's like guys who have a 2205/10 and think they are thin or low gain....are you running both the lead ch vol and gain up to 7-10 on each? Well, there's the reason why it doesn't sound as good as other clips they may hear.

If you like the tone with either master below 6, good for you. I only mention 'above 6' because 100% of the time, when someone thinks it's 'thin' sounding they always have one or the other below 6. Or the gain also. When they bring it up, boom there it is.
It's like guys who have a 2205/10 and think they are thin or low gain....are you running both the lead ch vol and gain up to 7-10 on each? Well, there's the reason why it doesn't sound as good as other clips they may hear.
You CAN also run the output master above 6....then use the lead master to control the volume...+/- pedals for taste.

The input gain sets not only volume and gain of clean channel....but it as well sets the gain of the 2555x overall.

So 3 master volumes in essence...output master, lead master and input gain.

Guys also run eq pedals in the loop which can cut or boost volume as well.

Many many options to achieve coolness.

That’s cheating using a pedal, lol

So if the sweet spot for the 100 is the Output master at 6 or higher, is that way too loud for medium sized gigs? Or as mentioned above, get the master up and bring the overall db's down via the loop?

You CAN also run the output master above 6....then use the lead master to control the volume...+/- pedals for taste.

The input gain sets not only volume and gain of clean channel....but it as well sets the gain of the 2555x overall.

So 3 master volumes in essence...output master, lead master and input gain.

Guys also run eq pedals in the loop which can cut or boost volume as well.

Many many options to achieve coolness.
Yep, that's why I recommend to choose one of the MVs...output or lead....at 6 or higher...then gain above 6 of possible. When I played out I always put the output Master way up; then my clean would always be loud enough while I had to set the lead properly to match. I boosted mine also. Great amp; the 2554s might be my fav of all of them.

So if the sweet spot for the 100 is the Output master at 6 or higher, is that way too loud for medium sized gigs? Or as mentioned above, get the master up and bring the overall db's down via the loop?
You have to work the THREE master volumes ......you use them interactively to achieve overall gain, volume and channel matching.

Sorry man but I’m gonna have to call user error, or something was wrong with yours.
A healthy, properly set up Jube is anything but muddy and harsh.
I agree. My first experience wasn't so good, but later found it was user error... They key I found was to lay off the rhythm clip, (don't use it), crank the Output Master, and use the Lead Master for volume. I'd goose the gain and hit it with a boost, and it was tight & aggressive. No mud, no fizz, pure killer tone.

I have never been in a situation where I could use a 100-watt amp as it should/needs to be used, much less needed that much power.

They're just totally unnecessary dinosaurs for me.

I have never been in a situation where I could use a 100-watt amp as it should/needs to be used, much less needed that much power.

They're just totally unnecessary dinosaurs for me.
This is not hard: there are knobs that control volume. If that is too difficult:

The little 20 watt version is very cute, and even schoolgirls can carry it around.

I agree. My first experience wasn't so good, but later found it was user error... They key I found was to lay off the rhythm clip, (don't use it), crank the Output Master, and use the Lead Master for volume. I'd goose the gain and hit it with a boost, and it was tight & aggressive. No mud, no fizz, pure killer tone.
That’s how you do it. 👍
The rhythm clip sucks….

Back