TC G-System

I've had mine for many years. I don't see it going anywhere. I also have an Axe Fx. For me, I really like the layout, and sound and its just easy to use in a live setting. I am plenty happy with the sound as well.

Audioholic":349unkl8 said:
I've had mine for many years. I don't see it going anywhere. I also have an Axe Fx. For me, I really like the layout, and sound and its just easy to use in a live setting. I am plenty happy with the sound as well.

Do you run the onboard FX of the G System in front of the amp or through an FX loop?

Thx,
Steve

I got one a year ago and didn't have have the patience to deal with it.
Cool gear if you're the type who likes to tweak alot of settings.

run mine through an efx loop. Though it is set up really well to use with pedals in front if you like. I have also used it in stereo with a rack setup, sounded killer. I don't find it hard to program at all, just like any other digital gear, and it just works for me. Have had it for about 4 years and I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

adicreed":21ahl8xm said:
Who's PGS?

Pro Guitar Shop.

I once considered the G-System, but decided against it. It's just a higher quality version of a multi-effects Digitech RP50. Still a multi-effects box at the end of a day.

I'm much happier with just a few pedals to run in front of my amp. The tones are much better.

I ran it like the manual suggests (4 cable method--efx loop and input at the same time). Worked great with my VHT Ultra-Lead. Haven't used it in a while because of space but, its coming out again real soon now that I've sold/am selling some stuff (and have a little space).

Best piece of gear i bought in a while, i`m running it W/D/W with a crown power amp and a Peters Gryphon. Switches channels and masters as well as a couple pedals via an RJ-16.

Best setup i`ve ever had:

WDWsetup044.jpg

WDWsetup042.jpg

Wetdrywet2.jpg

If you never tried W/D/W, give yourself the trouble and do it, you`ll never go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rock:

Chris

petejt":lqjf1t3d said:
adicreed":lqjf1t3d said:
Who's PGS?

Pro Guitar Shop.

I once considered the G-System, but decided against it. It's just a higher quality version of a multi-effects Digitech RP50. Still a multi-effects box at the end of a day.

I'm much happier with just a few pedals to run in front of my amp. The tones are much better.

It is most certainly not the same as a digitech multi-effects unit. The TC delay/reverbs alone are worth it, combined with the pedal loops, channel switching and other effects, it's made my life *so* much easier as someone who sings and plays lead. It does so much that it's not really directly comparable to another single piece of gear IMO.

Wow thats a great price! I bought the limited when it first came out, using the 4 cable method with some pedals in the 4 loops, if you set it up right you shouldn't have any noise at all, mine is really quiet, surprised I got it to be that way without any hum using the 4 cable method.

I think Pete Thorn has a video runthrough of it on Youtube. Or was it TC that did that video? Anyhow; a nice demonstration of one of the uses it has. Seems like a cool unit.

I love mine. I run it in the 4 cable method with my 5150 III but also in stereo and sometimes in W/D/W setup. I consider it an effects management system. It's basically the heart of my rig. It handles all my effects, external pedals and amp channel switching. Best gear purchase I ever made. No more tap dancing.
MyAmps.jpg

photo3.jpg

Pedalboardwithstickers.jpg

G-Systemwithstickers.jpg

victim5150":3uhfg6jh said:
I love mine. I run it in the 4 cable method with my 5150 III but also in stereo and sometimes in W/D/W setup. I consider it an effects management system. It's basically the heart of my rig. It handles all my effects, external pedals and amp channel switching. Best gear purchase I ever made. No more tap dancing.
MyAmps.jpg

photo3.jpg

rich
Pedalboardwithstickers.jpg

G-Systemwithstickers.jpg

Rich bastard :D :D

Rob R":1ibws5oz said:
victim5150":1ibws5oz said:

Sweet Idea, love what you did with the top row and the labels :rock: Thinking I will do something similar on mine now :thumbsup:

cyndicate":1gsr2ub5 said:
Rob R":1gsr2ub5 said:
victim5150":1gsr2ub5 said:

Sweet Idea, love what you did with the top row and the labels :rock: Thinking I will do something similar on mine now :thumbsup:
Here is a link to some stickers that are already made and I also have the file for the blank Photoshop template if you want to make your own. Let me know and I can email you the Photoshop file. :)
http://www.guitaraffair.com/g-system-button-labels.php

Todd

victim5150":p98bxzaq said:
cyndicate":p98bxzaq said:
Rob R":p98bxzaq said:
victim5150":p98bxzaq said:

Here is a link to some stickers that are already made and I also have the file for the blank Photoshop template if you want to make your own. Let me know and I can email you the Photoshop file. :)
http://www.guitaraffair.com/g-system-button-labels.php

Todd

Nice! That link has a few I can use, PM sent

7 Stringer":3r8i9ow8 said:
Best piece of gear i bought in a while, i`m running it W/D/W with a crown power amp and a Peters Gryphon. Switches channels and masters as well as a couple pedals via an RJ-16.

Best setup i`ve ever had:

WDWsetup044.jpg

WDWsetup042.jpg

Wetdrywet2.jpg

If you never tried W/D/W, give yourself the trouble and do it, you`ll never go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rock:

Chris
Chris, can the G-System alone not switch all of your amp channels and pedals in/out? Is the RG-16 used because of the multiple amp setup? Thanks.

glassjaw7":bv10r5v4 said:
Chris, can the G-System alone not switch all of your amp channels and pedals in/out? Is the RG-16 used because of the multiple amp setup? Thanks.

Fwiw, I've got my g-system set up so it can switch between all of the channels and boosts of my xtc, as well as pedals in the loops.

rigpic.jpg

Back