Tell me all about the Wizard Metal

cardinal

Hi all,

Considering buying a 1990s Wizard Metal, but don't see how I'd have the opportunity to play one in advance of buying. Ideally I'm looking for something thats uncompressed but still fat sounding that maybe can take overdrive pedals to pushing it into something more compressed when I'm in the mood.

The one on the classifieds from "immersed" comes highly recommended and at a pretty good price. He has a clip or two and you can check with "psychodave" as he has played this particular amp. One thing about any Wizard amp, is they run full tilt with very little compression whatsoever.

cardinal":2o4amyq5 said:
Hi all,

Considering buying a 1990s Wizard Metal, but don't see how I'd have the opportunity to play one in advance of buying. Ideally I'm looking for something thats uncompressed but still fat sounding that maybe can take overdrive pedals to pushing it into something more compressed when I'm in the mood.

I don't know about a "modded" one but that's exactly how a stock one rolls.

cardinal":3iif9w41 said:
Hi all,

So, did you buy it?

wheelman":15ghgwhu said:
cardinal":15ghgwhu said:
Hi all,

Hi,
I have the '93 Wizard Metal that was owned by and played in Todd Duane's old YT vids. If you're in the Chicago area, you can certainly come check it out. Lemme know. It's an amazing amplifier.
-Mike

drburns73":3g2pt27e said:
wheelman":3g2pt27e said:
cardinal":3g2pt27e said:
Hi all,

Hi,
I have the '93 Wizard Metal that was owned by and played in Todd Duane's old YT vids. If you're in the Chicago area, you can certainly come check it out. Lemme know. It's an amazing amplifier.
-Mike
Hey Mike, you still jamming with the Blue Man Group?

LP Freak":2saqf3hr said:
drburns73":2saqf3hr said:
wheelman":2saqf3hr said:
cardinal":2saqf3hr said:
Hi all,

Hi,
-Mike
Yep. Still doin' it.

drburns73":33ag1m0r said:
LP Freak":33ag1m0r said:
drburns73":33ag1m0r said:
wheelman":33ag1m0r said:
cardinal":33ag1m0r said:
Hi all,

Hi,
-Mike
Yep. Still doin' it.
Cool, I still gotta get down there and see you some time. I see you guys got a new show now?

LP Freak":24e3je3d said:
drburns73":24e3je3d said:
LP Freak":24e3je3d said:
drburns73":24e3je3d said:
wheelman":24e3je3d said:
cardinal":24e3je3d said:
Hi all,

Hi,
-Mike
Yep. Still doin' it.
Cool, I still gotta get down there and see you some time. I see you guys got a new show now?
Yes. Not entirely new, though. We added a decent amount of material to the show back in Feb '11, but some of the same signature pieces that have been in the show for years are still in there. The new technology we've added to the show is really amazing, though. The show definitely has way more eye candy now. Did some good work to the PA as well. The show now sounds way better than it ever has.

rocker":2pupndbf said:
cardinal":2pupndbf said:
Hi all,

So, did you buy it?

unfortunately no. Bought a computer instead (axe fx II) because I need to be more practical with respect to volume since we're expecting our first baby soon. Not a bad trade (tubes for baby).

drburns73":n1fe4jn8 said:
wheelman":n1fe4jn8 said:
cardinal":n1fe4jn8 said:
Hi all,

Hi,
-Mike

you still got that thing?

colimofsmoke":t10008w6 said:
drburns73":t10008w6 said:
wheelman":t10008w6 said:
cardinal":t10008w6 said:
Hi all,

Hi,
-Mike

you still got that thing?
Sadly, I do not. I have an MC100 and an MC50, both with a few mods from Rick that pretty much made all of my other heads obsolete. I sold off everything else I had except my plexi. The Wizards do everything I need and then some. All of my other heads were collecting dust. My plexi had been my main amp for over 10 years and I haven't even played that in about six months. I can't bring myself to sell it, though. I LOVE both of my Wizards. For what I do, they are the best amps I have ever owned.

Back