Thank you RaceU4her! Mimiq doubler In-Room

311splawndude

Thank you RaceU4her for the idea to get a TC Electronics Mimiq doubler. :cheers:

Also, thank you for your inspirational clips. They have forced me to up my game. For those that don't know anything abut this pedal it uses a very slick algorithm to mimic multiple tracks. Now @RaceU4her has separate mikes on speaker cabs that are spread way apart. Obviously I don't have that here :LOL:

Now this Mimiq doubler pedal may not be all that noticeable in this In-Room clip but I can sure hear a difference. Really thickens things up. It can also work against you so I have a lot of tweaking to do. He told me to put everything at noon. I tried that I think but left 2 dubs/dupes on. This one here is just 1 duplication but the 'Effect' and the 'Dry' were all the way up with the 'Tightness' at noon. Those are the 3 parameters and then 1, 2, or 3 duplications (dubs). It works well with one amp too. I have my MXR ABY feeding both stereo inputs but nothing really stereo going in because I don't even know what I'm doing yet. I just wanted to make sure the ABY would still work set up this way. It is super cool with clean chimey passages too. Getting it to work with loud high gain in this kind of clip is more challenging (at least with my settings/set up/gear/chops).

Warning: In-Room test 1 take 2 :yes:

Bdqzr12l.jpg

I used to do something similar with a boss delay. When you get it dialed in it will sound like a wall of stacks....

Yeah, it’s literally like jamming with yourself as the second guitar player, I wish I had this when I was the only guitar player in my band

I was using a t-verb halfstack and a zw800 sig halfstack. like pb&j....I can't wait till he gets it dialed in...it will kill...

yeah i would spread them out, youll hear the effect much more
I'll have to work on that. Thanks again for the recommendation. Fun pedal. It is a lot more obvious in the room. There is something about the algorithm that I think tricks your brain into spreading your tone out much wider than it is, at least in my case as the 2 cabinets are right together. I can only imagine happens if you have the cabs spread across the room like RaceU4her :yes:

It is only really beneficial with two amps/two cabs minimum. And hard to explain hard to demo.

Most of the video's on youtube I did not find all that helpful until I ran into this one below, but it was after I made the purchase.

Check this out if you are interested in something like this and go to the 8 minute mark here v .

Last edited:
Kinda works like a detune in a way? Sounds cool. I get a similar ‘spread’ when I run an old DOD stereo chorus splitting my signal before each SD3000. Turn on the chorus for the effect.

Kinda works like a detune in a way? Sounds cool. I get a similar ‘spread’ when I run an old DOD stereo chorus splitting my signal before each SD3000. Turn on the chorus for the effect.

Yah this is different, it alters your original signal to “mimiq” laying down a second track, so when you run it to two amps it’s like playing with yourself as a second guitar player, spreading the amps out though you can hear it way better

Cool stuff, but if you need two amps to really make it work how is this different than running say a Lehle 1 at 2 pedal and running your signal to both amps? Is one of the feeds tweaked off a bit timewise ?? That guys demo sounded good and I can hear it working.

Cool stuff, but if you need two amps to really make it work how is this different than running say a Lehle 1 at 2 pedal and running your signal to both amps? Is one of the feeds tweaked off a bit timewise ?? That guys demo sounded good and I can hear it working.

Yes, it emulates the subtle differences one would have laying down a second track so when you send it to two amps it’s like jamming with yourself in stereo

Yeah. The algorithm tweaks the feed off a bit timewise. But the thing is is that it appears to pull it back together and then the next time it spreads it apart further than the last time and then less and them more repeat. The variables of the 3 knobs (effect / tightness / dry) all affect that algorithm. Does that make sense? So while you are playing that slight 'delay' if you will changes.

If you go to the 8 minute mark of that guy's video he explains it better and shows the waveforms in action.

Back