The guitar brand you always come back to…

EBMM JP6. I've purchased and sold so many of them and always come back. They're just perfect for me. I don't even like JP and I can't get through an entire DT song without gagging or falling asleep. But fuck me, those guitars are great. :dunno:

DD94058C-329E-4C81-8427-128A81BFE51D.jpeg

These from the mid 80’s

When I was finalizing the shipping of my Jackson, Nik at Axe Palace recommended my next custom be an ESP as jackson had wafted on many of my selections. Luckily, I fell in love with the guitar despite some of the features not being what i asked for. The inlays especially, lol
Definitely do it. I don’t think anyone is doing doing CS guitars better than ESP right now.

fender and gibson. i'm a sucker for the iconic and traditional guitars.

prs are too nice for me, but if i was in a higher income bracket, maybe.
i have had good luck with 90's era esp and jackson usa.
ibanez are hit or miss with me big time. I like their 80's super strats, and gibson copies, but i don't do locking trems, and i wouldn't touch some of those thin bodied, thin necked, tweaker guitars for playing adderall-core metal.

Never been drawn to a brand. Especially since there's so many options today vs say......50yrs ago when I was a wee lad just starting out.

Definitely do it. I don’t think anyone is doing doing CS guitars better than ESP right now.
I wholeheartedly believe you. But I will never get rid of, replace, or try to make my jackson jealous with another custom. That guitar is an extension of me.
But if I were going custom again, I would probably go KXK or ESP. My KXK was the nicest guitar I ever owned. That nitro finish was second to none.

LTD for me, always a great go-to instrument that I can play at dive bars and beat the shit out of.

I've had a handful of nice ones that I sold over the years, but currently down to my last 3 that I just can't justify getting rid of, even though I've got plenty of nicer USA made guitars.

Fender. I may mod them more to perfection as far as what I want, but the basics are always there and they feel like home. I have had many guitars by different makers over the years. Top of the line latest rage stuff, and they never feel like the "bury me with this thing" guitar. I have owned scalloped boards, compound radius, fat neck, thin neck and everything out there. I am still faster and more comfortable on an old school Fender neck. A soft V or C neck is home. Plus, I will always be a blues based/classic rock player at heart. Just with a lot of late to the game modern (at the time) tricks thrown in. Same way George Lynch sees his style.

I am no Lynch, but Lynch and, Gary Moore are the first guys that dragged me out of the 70's, and also away from chasing being the next (as if) Jeff Beck. I was big into Henfrix and Page too. My first concert was Van Halen in 1978 when I was 15. I LOVED them and Eddie, but EVERYONE at the time was doing the tapping thing and trying to sound like EVH. Most of them sucked at it. Some Eddie is engraved in my playing like most rock players who grew up at that time. Then I heard Yngwie in 1985 and chased that thing for years. Anyways, Fender is always home for me. And it is not rocket science to keep a standard Fender bridge in tune while using it like a Floyd. Stretch the strings until they don't go out of tune and lube all he contact points. Go crazy on the bar string by string until they ALWAYS return to pitch and re-stringing is done. You are good to go and will very rarely ever need to touch the tuners between string changes.

Back