The Motocross Nationals start this weekend!!

Lets go Eli !!!!!!!!

I LOVE Supercross , Motocross , MotoGP etc... the only thing I don't care for is flat track .

I've been checking out the "Isle of Man" racing , those guys are truly insane . All it takes to end up in a thousand pieces is for a small rodent to dart out into the road at the wrong time .

Lets go Eli !!!!!!!!

I LOVE Supercross , Motocross , MotoGP etc... the only thing I don't care for is flat track .

I've been checking out the "Isle of Man" racing , those guys are truly insane . All it takes to end up in a thousand pieces is for a small rodent to dart out into the road at the wrong time .
Eli had a good day, Roczen really fought hard and showed some grit that honestly, I didn't expect in the 2nd Moto! Sexton has to be bummed, he's in that weird place of attaining world class speed and perfect form, but he can still do little stupid stuff if he lets his guard down :bash:
Levi Kitchen had a great day too
Yes, the Isle of Man stuff is truly insane, it scares the hell out of me to watch those guys go that fast with rock walls on both sides of them, riders are killed in that race nearly every year. I just think humans were not meant to go that fast on bikes :oops:
Last time I was watching it I realized I was not breathing for a few minutes :LOL:

Soooooo... High Point??
Looks like the track is changed a bit, what a cool layout they have there
6 guys injured in the 450's and 12 in the 250 class so far, the injuries are stacking up...

Last edited:
Reviving thread since I didn’t see a Monster Energy SX thread for ‘23.

With Kenny bringing Suzuki out of the barn riding the RMZ I can’t believe they’re still putting him on a kicker? A1 and Tampa (I believe) he almost couldn’t get the bike restarted after wadding up.

My bikes. ‘23 250R & ‘22 450RX

Attachments

• 1D478BC9-EDD5-4A68-8D80-B0F6CFC2BE9E.jpeg
    1D478BC9-EDD5-4A68-8D80-B0F6CFC2BE9E.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 55
  • D73D1933-6C35-45C8-A25E-037FF3D1D558.jpeg
    D73D1933-6C35-45C8-A25E-037FF3D1D558.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 50
Reviving thread since I didn’t see a Monster Energy SX thread for ‘23.

With Kenny bringing Suzuki out of the barn riding the RMZ I can’t believe they’re still putting him on a kicker? A1 and Tampa (I believe) he almost couldn’t get the bike restarted after wadding up.

My bikes. ‘23 250R & ‘22 450RX
Yeah, I didn't see a lot of point if there was little to no interest, but HELL YEAH! :cheers:
Kickstart Kenny has to ride what Suzuki has available and they don't have a magic button yet..
Hes in a tough spot, he came out pretty strong but seems to have settled in for less than he hoped for... Who knows?
Going from HRC Factory Honda's to his Suzuki's, he had to know he would not have access to the type of resources and logistics that HRC had him set up with. He's always been really strong mentally, I think he may have figured he could go just as fast on the Suzuki's but after hitting the deck a few times while trying to go that pace reality may be setting in. Again, who the hell knows. I know he has a lot more freedom on the yellow team...
Nice bikes! My last years of racing were all on Honda's, they have better durability than some of the other brands. We had to work some kinks out, but they ended up being solid bikes. I hated the shim/bucket spacing system on the cylinder valves though, I'm not sure if they still use that method, but early on we figured out the hard way to allow a smidge for tolerance specs, nothing like doing something that involved twice :mad:
Once we figured it out, it was fine.
What did you think about Oakland?
Poor Sexton, his day is surely coming, but that stupid stuff has to be getting in his head at this point. Thats probably the hardest stuff to work through, but Im sure he will do it soon... He's probably the most naturally talented guy in the 450's, he has the most perfect form Ive seen since Kevin Whindham was out there. I got to see him ride the Motocross of Nations race last year at Red Budd, even in the mud his form was amazing.

Sexton has some mental blocks going on that are screwing him royally when he needs to be the most focused. Happened again last night. He has more than enough speed. When he gets that aspect figured out he’ll be ready to take the 450 torch from Tomac.

Jett won the main by 16.5 seconds in Oakland. Is that kid human?

Sexton has some mental blocks going on that are screwing him royally when he needs to be the most focused. Happened again last night. He has more than enough speed. When he gets that aspect figured out he’ll be ready to take the 450 torch from Tomac.

Jett won the main by 16.5 seconds in Oakland. Is that kid human?
Yeah that's crazy. He will be insanely fast on a 450 in the Nationals too. His corner speed is ridiculous and he's super fast in the whoops. It was funny early on to hear him interviewed and you realized he's just a kid, but when you watch him ride he looks like a seasoned Pro. He's the guy moving from the 250's that is gonna rewrite a lot of battle plans for the 450 class... Including his team mate Sexton this year outdoors. Ive heard Sexton is gonna change teams next year, but I don't know that for sure. I do think Honda would love to put their eggs in the Lawrence basket for sure
I love to watch him ride, they have his bike dialed in better than Sextons bike, Sextons bike looks like it has a bit of trouble with the front end settling into flat corners with little rut to grab onto. Jett's bike worked flawlessly regardless of the task at hand, and was stupid fast in the whoops.
I have not rode for quite awhile, I had to walk away due to years of injuries, but I would love to ride his HRC bike.

Yeah that's crazy. He will be insanely fast on a 450 in the Nationals too. His corner speed is ridiculous and he's super fast in the whoops. It was funny early on to hear him interviewed and you realized he's just a kid, but when you watch him ride he looks like a seasoned Pro. He's the guy moving from the 250's that is gonna rewrite a lot of battle plans for the 450 class... Including his team mate Sexton this year outdoors. Ive heard Sexton is gonna change teams next year, but I don't know that for sure. I do think Honda would love to put their eggs in the Lawrence basket for sure
I love to watch him ride, they have his bike dialed in better than Sextons bike, Sextons bike looks like it has a bit of trouble with the front end settling into flat corners with little rut to grab onto. Jett's bike worked flawlessly regardless of the task at hand, and was stupid fast in the whoops.
I have not rode for quite awhile, I had to walk away due to years of injuries, but I would love to ride his HRC bike.
This is the first time brothers have been leading the east and west at the same time. Pretty cool.

I agree about Sexton’s bike. The way the front end seems to yank out from underneath him is weird.

I broke 3 ribs and pinched some nerves in my shoulder @ Paradise MX in September and haven’t really ridden since. We’ll see when it starts staying warmer.

Can I just say how bad Peacock sucks. Go back to NBC damnit!

Yep.. Peacock does indeed suck. Never had to go through so many stupid commercials just to see some good racing in my life, and they have it so you can't FF through them :doh:
That six about your crash, ribs suck but they heal up pretty fast, but stay sore for longer. Shoulder stuff is a lot of times forever, although nerve associated shoulder stuff might be different. I had to get both shoulders replaced with nice metal units, but they are not as good as before 17 years of grinding them into dirt. Knees are not much better. Left wrist, both ankles also have ongoing BS.. I really screwed up my ankles opening race weekend at Monster Mountain, They used to have a downhill whoop section that they later changed due to so many guys eating them.
I just could not get on top and skim them, being downhill changed everything, you would run out of revs by three quarters of the way through them, so I gave that up and tried to go 4-4-3 jumping them and still ate it hard
But it was great while it lasted. I still watch all the races and attend at least 3 a year if I can with a bunch of buddies I used to race with.

Damn. Quite an injury list you’ve got. I’ll shut up about my ribs now, hehe.

Yeah, Paradise is up in SC. Cool place, cool owner. I believe Jason is racing at Arlington this weekend.

Last edited:
Cooper is turning it up. Roczen barely hanging in there. Barcia being Barcia. I still think it’s Tomac’s to lose, but he did get a little squirrelly at the end in Oakland. I’ll see ‘‘em all in Daytona!

Last edited:
Cooper is turning it up. Roczen barely hanging in there. Barcia being Barcia. I still think it’s Tomac’s to lose, but he did get a little squirrelly at the end in Oakland. I’ll see ‘‘em all in Daytona!
Thats always a killer race, hopefully the weather will play nice. I kinda doubted Coop early on, but I was wrong. they seemed to have a longer than usual time sorting out that new chassis on the great pumpkins last year, but they seemed to have made some good progress. Its always been very strange how they often come out with chassis changes and the guys like them less than the year before till they get them completely dialed in. I guess I always felt "If its better, its better on day 1, if its not, don't change it just to say its new"

I’m ready to see Shimoda back out there. He’s my 250 guy.
Yep :yes:
I love that guy!
I hate he got hurt. Hopefully he will get back to race pace quickly when he comes back. I think he should just wait for the Nationals, but we'll see what happens. Collar bones usually heal up in 6-7 weeks, so I kinda doubt he'll sit on the sidelines very long

Back