The Queen Marshall Stack 1967/68

Scumback Speakers

I've mentioned this old Marshall stack for awhile. Well, I finally dug down into the pile in storage,
after I sold off four cabs yesterday and this was the next pair that were in line to get to the shop since I had room.

So without further ado or fanfare...1967 slant, 1968 straight. 20w G12M's in top, 25w G12M's in the bottom,
all original 75hz Pulsonic 003 cones, narrow flange metal handles, original tolex, cloth, etc.

The Queen logo you can see on the back of the slant underneath the Dokken logo.
I have no idea who Nazgul is/was, but George told me the handwritten Sharpie about the speakers
was his doing years ago when he owned it.

A small piece of Marshall, Queen, Dokken history for you. And now, back to sorting out gear for my moving sale.

queenstack.jpg

topcab.jpg

bottomcab.jpg

narrowflangehandle.jpg

What a killer post Jim. That is so sweeet, afa Nazgul he was over on the Jackson Guitar Palace and I'm sure over on the JCF too. Is the amp all original, laydown transformer ect...

The amp head is a 71 JMP 50w, lay down tranny, one mv mod removed, returned to stock. The JMP didn't belong to Brian May, just the slant cab. I got the matching bottom cab from another buyer 8-9 years ago. I bought the slant cab 12-13 years ago. When people ask why I have two ANVIL 4x12 cases, that's the reason. I've got a flight case for the head somewhere, too. Need to keep digging.

Four cabs left the shop yesterday, cleared some room out there. I just counted, and I'm down to 17 cabs left, only 11 more to sell.

No, this stack isn't one of them!

My wife's first concert was Queen. She didn't know I had this cab until a few days ago. Guess what isn't up for sale?

It's going in the living room of the new house with my Fool SG replica next to it. I did fire it up with that JMP 50w head.

Sometimes all you need is a PAF loaded Les Paul, a cord, an amp set on 9 and two cabs blasting at you on a Sunday afternoon.

What year was May rocking the Matshall cabs? I always figured they were Vox the whole career. Awesome history in that cab though ..

If I got you right, you are selling some of your old gear? If so, where can I find it? Wasn't able to find anything on your web page...

I'm gonna need some gut shots of that 50w Jimbo....you may be busy but you started this?
I posted those gut shots when I tried to sell it last year. Probably still here on Rig Talk. And trust me, I'm busy as hell. Still digging through the pile. I just dug out an Allyn Meyers TrainWreck Rocket clone...
rocketfront.jpg

Queen has spoken.

I see what you did there.
Happy wife, happy life. It was her first concert. She didn't know I had a Queen logo'd cab until a few months ago. That's when she took off her crown and put her foot down about the stack. Hey, at least it's going in the family room of the new place in AZ next to the pool table! LOL

Back