They went digital and the sound is so not as good

Techdeth

RESIDENT ROCK PROFESSOR

I like both songs . But they band sounded WAY better with their 5150s miced and recorded at a full studio .
Now all the guitars and are 100 percent axe ef . And to me the sound is no so tiny and compressed .
What do you think?
Edit : I love both songs but the new production is so fake and garbage

I mean yeah the new tone sucks but its metalcore, all these bands love that over processed mid heavy 5150 profile thing

Look it’s no my favorite shit but you really think the first song sucks?Its probable the heaviest radio song I’ve heard

Look it’s no my favorite shit but you really think the first song sucks?Its probable the heaviest radio song I’ve heard
I think that’s my problem with this stuff. It’s anything but heavy to me. Heavy is more in the attitude and vibe for me than how distorted the guitars are and how much double kick and sped up Maiden riffs are involved. All this stuff with whiny boys trying to be tough and the cliche’d attempt at clean sing songy, vocals against the the screamo stuff is as heavy as a dollop of cool whip. All just IMO of course.

I do like Two weeks sound/production more, but I am not having too much issue with Divine.

It still sounds like them, but the mix doesn't breathe or have depth to it. Over produced, but still great musicianship and decent (for the genre) song.
I'd also agree with skoora in that it's pretty cookie cutter.

I think that’s my problem with this stuff. It’s anything but heavy to me. Heavy is more in the attitude and vibe for me than how distorted the guitars are and how much double kick and sped up Maiden riffs are involved. All this stuff with whiny boys trying to be tough and the cliche’d attempt at clean sing songy, vocals against the the screamo stuff is as heavy as a dollop of cool whip. All just IMO of course.
I like it . But I like everything . Music is art and I love how many different styles of rock guitar there is . It’s so interesting and I really the differences fir different . From this to Kurt Cobain to Jason Becker . I love it all . Give me a song with rock guitars and I’m good

I know these guys have their own studio now, I wonder how much of this is DIY’d?

I blame the overall production style more than an AxeFX, it’s that compressed to fuck and back, edited to be clean as hell and has no space for anything to breath, big beefy guitars don’t fit in a mix like that, never mind Richardson’s playing style that seems to fit perfectly in that tonal area. The amount of high and low end added to mixes these days isn’t at all realistic with what you hear in a room coming from an amp, the barometer on realistic in that context is fuuuuuuucked at this point.

I will say though, something I had to break the habit of was dialing in my presets to be record-ready, so by the time you introduce the mastering chain it’s like processing guitars that have already been processed even if I had no EQ on the guitar tracks. They might sound great during the tracking process, but once you hit that final step things shift a bit. I’ve found it’s easier to stick with a raw guitar tone with all the warts and 80hz, then treating it like you would a mic’d guitar track.

Yeah, I can hear the difference, even through laptop speakers, lol. The older tone had more of an airiness to it. Its like you can hear the room around the guitar tone. The newer one had more of that direct fizzy type thing going that direct recording guitars have.

Yeah, I can hear the difference, even through laptop speakers, lol. The older tone had more of an airiness to it. Its like you can hear the room around the guitar tone. The newer one had more of that direct fizzy type thing going that direct recording guitars have.
But this is actually what alot of bands do . And that same damn fake drum sound . Bring back real drums

Back