Thinking of ordering a Hybrid

kors

Hi all,

After watching every Wizard video I could find, I think I'm going to order a Hybrid. Seems to offer the best of the MCII sound with the new features of the MTL 2 and so I'm thinking it would be the most versatile. Or does anyone think the better move would be to just get a regular MCII since I don't play any metal. I'd like to have the new features of the MTL preamp, but don't want to lose that MCII magic.

Appreciate any advice before I pull the trigger.

I am extremely happy with my hybrid. Can’t say if you’d prefer a straight up MCII but the hybrid is killer.

To my ears it's a very bright, upper mid sound, but that's partially because of how I'm dialing it in.

I run the brightness, contour and sweep around 1 'o clock, and I don't engage the pull-shift to scoop the mids.

FWIW I have tried running it with the sweep down and the pull-shift on, and although I did hear a difference it was not as drastic as I would have expected. It never got as scooped or boomy as my Herbert.

I think the upper mids thing is somewhat of a baked in voicing because of the MC2 power amp.

Back