This NGD took me over 15 years.

DanTravis62

Thanks to @a_h_r_m_s for making a longtime GAS wish become a reality.
PXL_20220318_191925274.jpg

PXL_20220318_190658425.jpg

PXL_20220318_190654731.MP.jpg

I was in the middle of fire-saling a bunch of stuff to pay my HC deductible and some stuff that wasn't covered, so I decided to sell some more stuff when this became a possibility.

Ever since "Alive in Athens" I've GASed and lusted for this guitar like a zombie, and it's hard to believe I actually own one now 😂

Feel free to tell me how you don't like the body shape soys, I'm in High T heaven.

Attachments

• PXL_20220318_190754630.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220318_190754630.MP.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 56
Enjoy it, congrats on finding one of your grails! As for the shape, it might not be to my taste, but I know for a fact others think some of my tastes are odd too so I can't judge. Variety is the spice of life.

Crazy design. Congratulations on your score.

They're actually crazy comfortable. The body is very similar in feeling, shape, and heft, to a Parker Fly - only the cutout on the back side of the body makes it perfect for playing sitting down, in the classical position.

I played one years and years ago, in like 2006, and then saw it on the aforementioned Iced Earth DVD+live album, and have been smitten for years.

This is the first opportunity I've ever had to actually snag one.

Killer. Do you know the woods used in it? Because that matters and stuff. How does the Quadmatic bridge feel for palm muting?

Congrats man! Anything pointy wins in my book. I still have my younger brothers NJ Mockingbird somewhere in the house.

Given the LP scale, great balance, and original styling, this is my number one pointy guitar of all time. I just love it, like for ME as a player. It's got all the ingredients of things I love.

Yup...my other guitarist in my old band in Minneapolis had the same axe. He rarely played it. Schaffer was the first I ever saw play one. Hard to find.

Schaffer is my biggest musical influence. I love his tone and playing style, though I do a bit less thrash oriented stuff. He's also a really genuinely good dude.

Hence the larry, the les pauls, the bbe, the wagner godwoods/icebuckers, and now the ignitor.

Back