THIS "Pantera" > THAT Pantera

What is Attila using for an amp setup? A real Amp or some type of modeling.....I have to admit his amp tone is almost spot on.

It has to be some type of modeling there is no live feedback dynamics when he holds notes...other than that the tone is spot on.

Last edited:
I don't get why people hate on Dimes tone. The first time I heard Pantera I thought his tone was best and most brutal thing I'd ever heard.
I think it’s originally because he endorsed solidstate Randall’s . Everyone was like his tone is ugly becuts solidstate not realizing there’s wizard tube amps atleast on the first two album. . I do see how people that don’t like thrash and they only like hard rock would dislike it . That’s where I understand.

When I first heard Vulgar I loved the music but hated the guitar tone. I was a tube Marshall guy through and through. No idea how or why but suddenly it clicked and I grew to love it. It was just a perfect match for the music and I think my ears adjusted or something. Granted it’s not a sound I would want to use or hear anybody else with. It was part and parcel with Dime and those songs.

At around 12:09 they show the floor unit for the guitarist. Maybe some eagle eye on here knows what it is. I agree that it’s probably profiles/modelling.

I think it’s originally because he endorsed solidstate Randall’s . Everyone was like his tone is ugly becuts solidstate not realizing there’s wizard tube amps atleast on the first two album. . I do see how people that don’t like thrash and they only like hard rock would dislike it . That’s where I understand.
My understanding is that a Wizard Metal was blended with his Randall (and other amps perhaps) in the studio for The Great Southern Trendkill only, this info came to me from Rick himself right around the time that album was released, is Dime’s use of the Wizards before that confirmed anywhere? I can hear it on TGST (mixed in) but I don’t hear that character on their other albums.

My understanding is that a Wizard Metal was blended with his Randall (and other amps perhaps) in the studio for The Great Southern Trendkill only, this info came to me from Rick himself right around the time that album was released, is Dime’s use of the Wizards before that confirmed anywhere? I can hear it on TGST (mixed in) but I don’t hear that character on their other albums.
There is nothing I can hear of anything like that on CFH or Vulgar. At least not to the naked ear. If they did, it was at Justice Jason levels..😂

Last edited:
Rick told the first two albums as well . And Rick told me the gear . They always used a tube in mix . Dime endorsed Randall June it was a bond . But ya wizard if on first two albums . I have a guitar world where terry date States it as well . I’ll find my emails from Rick if I can . But he told me it’s true on them as well

Im almost positive Juggernaut here on the forum saw the studio for CFH and in it was a wizard. He visited dimes house and had a picture collection at one time.

Featuring Dino Jelusick on vocals and other obviously top shelf musicians. This smokes that other entity currently touring under the Pantera banner.

The full set with other vocalists...

Watched the whole thing, man, i am impressed.
Just saw the other thing you mentioned about 3 weeks ago, no contest, no cigar, no nothing compared to this.

As much as i liked Zakk, he has nothing like Attila as much as Dime vibe goes, fuckal. Attila nails Dime's vibe and his whammy antics.

I dialled in this Dime-ish tone for my brother a while back, think we got pretty close. Dime disproved the myth that you need tons of mids for note definition. Once you suck out that 1khz and 2.2khz everything becomes clearer. Sure, Dime's tone was possibly overly scooped at times but every single note he played jumped out.

Back