This place should be more popular.

I now understand what it means to be old. Tower Records is gone, at concerts everyone is holding up their phones and not clapping, and my wife (10 years younger than me) wonders why I'm bewildered when she asks if I want to watch the Kardashians.

I find myself wanting to run away from the "norm" or "typical" that is happening around me. I played guitar, painted a quick painting, and had a beer. It was so non technology and relaxing.

This forum has been around a long time. We've seen people pass away, folks move on, got advice, gave encouragement, etc. It is just a great place to find out some things and bond with like minded goons. Lol
Dude. Haha
I’ve only been to one tower records. It was on deployment in Singapore. Think 95
Bought the down NOLA cd.

It’s an awesome place, the only place I ever visit. I’ll check the emporium in the other side if I’m having GAS, but that’s it. The only people I care to talk Gear with are here (besides friends in person).

I was on HCAF for a couple years before it shuttered and I understand the nostalgia, but we’ve had some damn gifted moments here too. Buddy Blades amps, George Lynch tones, Keisel QA, Cameron, Fortin/Larry, etc…classics. Enough to make you walk aimlessly in circles around parking lots selling sand to tourists.

Perhaps the best and most successful venues find a way to balance interesting subject matter, and entertainment while keeping things from running off the rails if you know what I mean. No easy feat/moving target sort of thing.

Not meaning to sound glibly patronizing, but compliments to the moderation staff here, as it's a thankless but necessary job.
High praise indeed; thanks brudda! :inlove:

Appreciate the support man. :cheers2:

Facebook groups replaced forums years ago. I'm surprised it is still here. Everyone else that was a regular here that is where you can find them.

It's actually quite moderate here compared to some of the private groups on Facebook.

I'm not suggesting you should leave here to go to Facebook. But that is what happened to 90% of the people here.
Facebook censors EVERYTHING that doesn't fit the main stream media's narrative just like Twitter and Google. I'm glad people are starting to figure it out .

Facebook is haemorrhaging billions of dollars every single day and losing millions of users due to its overt censorship practices, according to a new report.

Facebook, lost a whopping $232 billion, the biggest ever suffered by a U.S. company in a 24 hour period. By the end of April, it had lost another fifth of its value.

I cannot believe the differences between this place and the other place , it's like the complete opposite and it's FREAKING GREAT !!!!!!

I would have been banned ten times over if I posted the stuff I've already posted on this site on the other site, ( And the stuff I have posted on here isn't even offensive it just doesn't fit the mainstream narrative) which means I will be summoned to death and shortly thereafter electrocuted.

That other site has ZERO tolerance for anything.

For sure there is bias and you are right as long as you are aware you a good to go.

At least we don't have here like social media platforms do, where if they can figure out that you believe in say A, they will put more and more content supporting A, so you will then no see dissenting opinions. Dissenting opinions are good, as we should want to be challenged on our beliefs and assumptions. I have learned alot on forums over the years and in some cases had to admit at least to myself that I was wrong, but that is what learning is. :)

For sure! The old forum format you can see discussion. As much as folks claim there is no politics here, there is an underlying political "theme" and demographic. But the positive of this forum is we all share an intense interest in electronics, engineering, guitar, tone etc. So most of the time, these external differences are ignored in favour of what we do have in common. On paper, I'm probably exactly what alot of the demographic here would hate, but thankfully no one knows that when I'm asking about the sag on a 5150.

Ya this place is a very good outlet for anything music. Recording. Amps. Guitars. Lot of members mod amps here. Share their stuff. It’s not that the mods don’t care and let you post whatever. Death threats. Etc won’t be tolerated. Of course. It’s just that we’re all big boys here and lot of things go. There have been a few members that got the perma ban. But that’s just for being an asshole. Haha 😂

For sure! The old forum format you can see discussion. As much as folks claim there is no politics here, there is an underlying political "theme" and demographic. But the positive of this forum is we all share an intense interest in electronics, engineering, guitar, tone etc. So most of the time, these external differences are ignored in favour of what we do have in common. On paper, I'm probably exactly what alot of the demographic here would hate, but thankfully no one knows that when I'm asking about the sag on a 5150.
LOL
Well said!
Much respect.

Just my humble opinion. One of the few places left where it's not necessary to tippy toe around so as not to crackle the woke eggshells.

Fair and tolerant moderation.

Really long for the hey days of HCAF before $$ and political correctness killed it.

I really like this place. I just wish it was as active as another place that is slowly becoming more and more congested with pretentious, glib, and frivilous dumb-assery.
That is why I am here now. Never saw something more stupid than infractions stats with points. Good riddance.

I take it none of you people were in the private groups Steve King and some of the other's started on Facebook. From the replies it is obvious. Facebook has a few thousand people doing moderation with 3 billion users. Virtually all moderation is done with algorithms. In the private groups if there isn't a mole literally anything goes. Yes most of Facebook isn't this way. You only get in these groups if invited.
Rig Talk is in comparison is extremely moderate. The rules that exist here do not apply at all.

Back