Those who own multiple Friedman amps: Which ones and why?

I got a Smallbox in 2015. Really awesome tone, both channel. That Plexi is beautiful. The BE channel is tight and has enough gain for my style. Use it with my 2x12” diagonal, 50% bigger than a 2x12” horizontal.

So, I needed a small gear for some special gigs, so last month I got the Mini Dirty Shirley that’s not so tight in tone and sounds more vintage. Use with my 1x12” and it’s great. Really surprised me.

I had the BE-OD but was not for me. Too much gain even with internal pot at minimum. So, ordered the Dirty Shirley Pedal to try at some gigs where I do not use my amp . Not arrived yet. Still waitin.... Brazil is so far.....

For those of you that have a butterslax and a jj, if you haven't tried them in stereo, you need to. Holy smokes.

GOHOINC":1attpr8i said:
For those of you that have a butterslax and a jj, if you haven't tried them in stereo, you need to. Holy smokes.

You bragger you :cheers:
I bet it does sound awesome. I couldn’t possibly take any more volume than my slax and matching 412/15. That cab is seriously loud. My internals are all shaken up every time I blast that stack.
Enjoy the tone nirvana !!

If you got it, flaunt it I suppose...

In all seriousness though, as awesome as they are on their own. There is some serious magic going on when you pair these two amps. The clean of each is unique with flavors or old vox and marshall tones. They are both good for particular things but nothing I'd write home about. But when you put the two together its got this fat round tone that can still cut glass, it blew me away. Don't even get me started about the gain channels and melting of faces...

Have only played the smallbox and dirty shirley for about an hour each but man the DS 40w was downright inspiring and addictive. What an awesome feeling amp :rock:

GOHOINC":k9067b56 said:
If you got it, flaunt it I suppose...

In all seriousness though, as awesome as they are on their own. There is some serious magic going on when you pair these two amps. The clean of each is unique with flavors or old vox and marshall tones. They are both good for particular things but nothing I'd write home about. But when you put the two together its got this fat round tone that can still cut glass, it blew me away. Don't even get me started about the gain channels and melting of faces...

Flaunt it for sure. I was giving you props and only kidding.
Cool you found that pairing. There’s some cool combos out there.

Back