Todd, Bishop5150

Hey folks-I'm going to go ahead and unsticky this thread. If you folks want me to leave it up for awhile longer just let me know on here. Let's keep brother Todd and his family in our thoughts and prayers. Same for you guys..I know sometimes we disagree and also get nasty with one another at times, but I guarantee that if we all got together face to face that it would be a blast and nothing negative would be said. Life is short-let's remember brother Todd's example of living with dignity and always being the type of guy that would offer anybody assistance whenever needed.

Hey everyone. This is Todd’s step son Brendan. I posted on the fractal forums and was led over to RT. Reading all these replies have been great. It’s one thing knowing that he made an impact on so many people, but actually seeing it is something else. I’m gonna copy what I posted on the other forum, but it all still rings true for me.

I finally got some time to sit down and start looking through his post history here and I found my way to this page. It’s so cool seeing all of these people from all over the place sharing their stories about Todd, forum or irl. Believe it or not, he talked about you guys to me every now and then. About how great it felt to him to be able to help people, even just a little bit. About how one little comment can save someone’s whole day, or gig. When I was younger I would tell him he should go in on YouTube, start a Patreon and start making money. He never wanted to, the feeling of helping people was more than enough for him. That’s one of the big things I‘ve been thinking about lately.

Well, he left me the bulk of his studio equipment and enough guitars to last a lifetime. I’ve been building my own studio over the past 2 years and learning all things music production with the intention of composing, recording, mixing, mastering and distributing my music on my own. So I’ll be lurking on his account, going through his post history and learning everything I can. I just made this account for anybody interested in following along.

The family will be okay, in time. We all thank you for the kind words and support from all over the country and the world. I want to leave off with a quote he had written in his phone (don’t worry, he gave us the password and said it’s ok to go through)

"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle."
-James Keller

SYOTOS

Hey everyone. This is Todd’s step son Brendan. I posted on the fractal forums and was led over to RT. Reading all these replies have been great. It’s one thing knowing that he made an impact on so many people, but actually seeing it is something else. I’m gonna copy what I posted on the other forum, but it all still rings true for me.

I finally got some time to sit down and start looking through his post history here and I found my way to this page. It’s so cool seeing all of these people from all over the place sharing their stories about Todd, forum or irl. Believe it or not, he talked about you guys to me every now and then. About how great it felt to him to be able to help people, even just a little bit. About how one little comment can save someone’s whole day, or gig. When I was younger I would tell him he should go in on YouTube, start a Patreon and start making money. He never wanted to, the feeling of helping people was more than enough for him. That’s one of the big things I‘ve been thinking about lately.

Well, he left me the bulk of his studio equipment and enough guitars to last a lifetime. I’ve been building my own studio over the past 2 years and learning all things music production with the intention of composing, recording, mixing, mastering and distributing my music on my own. So I’ll be lurking on his account, going through his post history and learning everything I can. I just made this account for anybody interested in following along.

The family will be okay, in time. We all thank you for the kind words and support from all over the country and the world. I want to leave off with a quote he had written in his phone (don’t worry, he gave us the password and said it’s ok to go through)

-James Keller

SYOTOS

Brendan - Thank you for stopping by and sharing this with us. Todd was such a stand up guy and very humble. We loved watching his videos that he would post. He got a monster tone out of his AxFx. In the last 2 or 3 years he had really perfected his video skills of capturing his band in action. And he always took the time to acknowledge the feedback we would give him. He was a great part of this community.

Welcome to Rig-Talk and feel free to hang out with us :)

It’s so cool of you to stop by and share with us. Sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you’re staying strong, and it’s awesome to see that you’re involved with music and can carry on his memory. Definitely stick around, this board has a more tight-knit community than most these days.

Brendan, so sorry for your family’s loss. Todd was a great player and obviously a great human as well. It’s so good to hear that you have his gear and will be putting it to good use, I’m sure he’d love that. Hopefully you’ll continue to hang here, because you can learn a lot from the many members that love to help others just as Todd did.

Brendan, so awesome for you to leave that for us here. I may have even seen you over there back in my Fractal days!

So sorry for your loss but so glad you had Todd in your life. I never met him in person but like so many others here on the forum, we could tell his character and personality just by how he interacted with us here.

Todd's videos and gear talk got me thru some really tough times. In fact, many members here helped me in the past just by existing on a forum and talking about guitars and amps.

Back in 2017 I was going thru a divorce while my kid was addicted to drugs and had just lost her best friend to suicide. All of that happened within weeks and turned to months, then years. In that swirl of stress, I spent a lot of time on this forum to just escape and find something familiar. Seeing Todd's awesome videos were inspiring and helped me dive deeper into recording and even forming a band after years of not having one.

People should never doubt the impact they can make on someone even if they are not seeing it directly. Todd helped inspire and I can't even tell you thr joy I felt seeing the guitar and note he got from Zakk Wylde. It was so awesome and I have no doubt it gave him hope, and that is the best!

-James Keller

SYOTOS
Thanks for commenting. It means a lot to us here.

One thing to note…Todd’s fractal presets were incredible. Hopefully you save them all and build upon them. 👍

I’m very late to the reply here. I don’t come on that often the last couple years. I do know that Todd was one heck of a nice guy and always willing to help out anyone with advice. He was a wealth of knowledge and a great player. RIP

When most guys try to sell their Fractal pre sets he was cool enough to share his with me a few times. We also chatted several times about FRFR solutions and Randy material. Super nice guy and very sad, God speed my rocker friend. 😪

Back