Tony Iommi and Boogies

I’ve always wanted a IIB +EQ head but only see combo’s come along and don’t want to deal with a head shell conversion. I actually prefer the more hard rock, less metal sound it gets vs. a mKIII.

Born Again is a rare case of crappy production that enhances the creepy mood of the record. It adds to the nightmarish vibe where, like in some bad dreams, things have this hazy, blurry and unsettling aura to them. Even the ’nicest’ song on there, Keep it Warm, has an ‘off’ feeling about it.
Yes . You get use to it then it become cool . It’s nasty af. Tyr was the worst album because they mixed his guitars so quiet it’s nuts. You remember that one ?

Last edited:
I’ve always wanted a IIB +EQ head but only see combo’s come along and don’t want to deal with a head shell conversion. I actually prefer the more hard rock, less metal sound it gets vs. a mKIII.
Idk if I have played a 2b+

Idk if I have played a 2b+
There is no plus model. I just meant with an EQ. Hence the plus sign next to EQ with no space as opposed to right after the B with no space.
Don’t you hate it when you haven’t searched an amp in a while and you look again and the prices are all stupid high but if you do a Google search there will always be that one listed on Reverb that comes up at a killer deal but when you click on the link it’s always an older listing that had sold… 😢

There is no plus model. I just meant with an EQ. Hence the plus sign next to EQ with no space as opposed to right after the B with no space.
Don’t you hate it when you haven’t searched an amp in a while and you look again and the prices are all stupid high but if you do a Google search there will always be that one listed on Reverb that comes up at a killer deal but when you click on the link it’s always an older listing that had sold… 😢
Ya that happens to me a lot lol

Some men call their loop modded IIB’s IIB+’s. I played Jeremy’s loop modded IIB Coliseum and it’s horrifying. Just a raw, sinister, thick, brutal beast of an amp. Practically made his C+ Coli sound polite in comparison. I need one bad.

My first Mesa I bought new in I think 1981 maybe was a 100 watt Mark II B.
The C+ was nice with its it's brighter cutting sound. But the B was it's own thing.
The red stripe III was awesome. I still have a IV A, Tremoverb and Heartbreaker.
Personally I feel all the Mark amps are excellent.

All the marks are great . But if I’m picking one imGoing III green because I love the highs

I heard Iommi recently say that the original Born Again masters were found?
Maybe I’m dreaming this but I’m pretty sure I heard this…🤔

Found it,

015AE93F-BBDB-4C49-87AD-BDDA09EB0DF6.jpeg
0A8F6DD2-B0BB-4175-AC4A-9DDA6C540E2F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back