Tony Iommi and Boogies

Tony is da man! So fucking badass and his tone has always been nassive. So much respect for this guy.. love this photo

Attachments

• 1E2AC86C-5508-44D0-AACA-69C734B39E9C.jpeg
    1E2AC86C-5508-44D0-AACA-69C734B39E9C.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 56
Ya, I was deeply into the first two Dio Sabbath records, for me, because of my age and being blown away by the new Dio injected Sabbath, these two remain my all time Fav Sabbath records.
But I certainly love anything Tony and Geezer did.
Not really struck by the ‘13’ album. Though, Sonically it’s killer and very well produced!
What did you think of Seventh Star ?

I love Born Again and even dig the crappy production. It’s got a really eerie, unsettling feel that lends itself to the dark atmosphere of the album. Iommi’s lead tone is the audio equivalent of licking a 9 volt battery. It just sounds acidic and demonic. And Ian Gillan absolutely scorched the earth with his tracks on that album. Easily one of my favorite BS albums, as is.

I love Born Again and even dig the crappy production. It’s got a really eerie, unsettling feel that lends itself to the dark atmosphere of the album. Iommi’s lead tone is the audio equivalent of licking a 9 volt battery. It just sounds acidic and demonic. And Ian Gillan absolutely scorched the earth with his tracks on that album. Easily one of my favorite BS albums, as is.
Zero the heroooooo

That song rules but Disturbing the Priest is one of the most evil sounding songs I've ever heard. It can make most death metal bands curl up in the fetal position while covering their ears and pleading to just make it stop.
Trashed !

Headless Cross is underrated too

That song rules but Disturbing the Priest is one of the most evil sounding songs I've ever heard. It can make most death metal bands curl up in the fetal position while covering their ears and pleading to just make it stop.
👍
Best song on the Album. Period.

It’s funny to hear Ian Gillan talk about how they wrote that song,

Apparently there was some parish or Catholic church close by and Sabbath were asked if they wouldn’t play / record on Sunday mornings, (I forget the actual wording) but the video with Gillan interviewed and the story was very cool.
‘Disturbing the Priest’ was born …

👍
Best song on the Album. Period.

It’s funny to hear Ian Gillan talk about how they wrote that song,

Apparently there was some parish or Catholic church close by and Sabbath were asked if they wouldn’t play / record on Sunday mornings, (I forget the actual wording) but the video with Gillan interviewed and the story was very cool.
‘Disturbing the Priest’ was born …
I was just watching him tell the story

Last edited:
Back