TORPEDO CAB M+ - HISS BACKGROUND NOISE!!!

calvizio

Hi! I recently bought the pedal in question and the thing I noticed is this obvious high frequency background noise, even without connecting anything to the input and bypassing everything (pre, power, cab, eq ...). Is it normal?

here you can listen:

BASS all bypassed (pre.power,cabinet,eq...)
BASS with pre,power,cab sim ON
BASS TranZformer API as pre - power, cab SIM

This is the BACKGROUD NOISE with nothing plugged in and output dose to MUTE!

IMG_6597.JPG

Last edited:
I bought the M+ couple of days ago for using it to record straight ionto my DAW.
Indeed there was a fairly amount of hiss when using the XLR out to my sound-interface. But after some testing using a balanced JACKcable into the interface the hiss was hardly noticable, almost deadquiet.
Switching back to using an XLR cable there was a lot more hiss. SO I am happy with the jackoption.
So it could be an impedance difference/issue with the CAB M+'s output and any interface input. And/or the difference between XLR(MIc preamp) input or JACK(Line level) input on your interface.
Maybe this is of some help.

Last edited:
Hello.
I have a brand new one that came in today and I’m having serious hiss problems with nothing plugged into the input as well. Doesn’t matter if I come out xlr or 1/4”. I plugged straight into the cab+ and then direct to QSC k8.2 and the hiss is insane.

I didn't do a scientific study, but what I meant by my comment was this: it seemed to me that I was having hiss recently, but only with third-party IRs. I did not notice it with 2 Notes DynIRs. My 3 Sigma acoustic IRs seemed to have hiss as I boosted their microphone levels. Then a firmware update came along and it just seemed to disappear. That's why I wrote that I "tend to agree". I don't have any signs of hiss at all now. I didn't do anything different with cables (running XLR out to a powered speaker).

I’m having the same issues and I have an Torpedo M+ That I purchased last week. It’s noisy even while playing. I have confirmed latest update. Do basses have more noise problems? I’ve set all my settings and can get it quieter but it always there.

Repro:
Bass > M+ > headphones

Hello @gdf1978 - can you please submit a ticket on the Two notes helpdesk? (support.two-notes.com) the technical team will need audio samples and will detail all the elements they need one you submitted the ticket, as well as other elements (Torpedo Remote logfile, your whole setup,etc. ). Kind regards.

I bought the M+ couple of days ago for using it to record straight ionto my DAW.
Indeed there was a fairly amount of hiss when using the XLR out to my sound-interface. But after some testing using a balanced JACKcable into the interface the hiss was hardly noticable, almost deadquiet.
Switching back to using an XLR cable there was a lot more hiss. SO I am happy with the jackoption.
So it could be an impedance difference/issue with the CAB M+'s output and any interface input. And/or the difference between XLR(MIc preamp) input or JACK(Line level) input on your interface.
Maybe this is of some help.
Hello @ca-booter
The hiss we are all talking about is kind of digital noise and it is always there, XLR, TRS, Headphones, even when muted/unmuted/bypassed.
I performed several tests and IMHO It has nothing to do with impedence mis-matching.
You can also hear it using the headphones output.

Hi @yleoussis

Thanks for reaching out; this is not normal behaviour and if you are having issues we suggest getting in touch with us at our help desk. (support.two-notes.com). Feel free to reach out to us here as well if you like!

Back