Toughest finds

McNaughts with the pointy head stocks Super rare. Only like 55 or so built before PRS sent a letter to stop. I have 2 and would love another.

I had P3 and it was better than JP6. But also played P2 which was average at best. In my case is it more about visual appeal than sound but damned ''collectors' ruined prices to unobtainium...

Mine was a P1. I remember the wood was so soft, under the pu and neck pocket, was easy to scratch with nails. Prices are stupid for what it is...
Better go to luthier and get a copy, or repaint an RG. I like the "another day" variat colors; was a prototype never been in production.

Engl E580 MIDI preamp, Egnater IE4. Not as obscure as some, but still months of digging.

I found the Engl after searching through archived Craigslists ads. The 220v versions are easier to find, but can't easily be converted to U.S. voltages. I finally found the Egnater in Sweden, and it was just a couple jumpers on the PCB to change the voltage.

I looked for about 6 years for a Fender Custom Shop 69 Relic with Floyd Rose. Finally got one that was untouched and left in the case a couple of years back. Just an amazing guitar all around.

A real Jose A Marshall....I know they can be hit/miss. Almost nabbed one before I was first here in 2012...1500. But I waited too long; was trying to confirm it was the real deal. Should’ve bought it first time I saw it.
Maybe a real pre pro Charvel...but whenever I see one they want 6K or more.

There is a guy selling an old Charvel and Jackson on gear page.

VHT chrome classic is near impossible to find. I bought a Jackson KV1T Korina string through and NEVER even had the slightest hint of another. I look constantly for those. Rumor is they only made 10 or less.

Chris Poland had a Red face E4, very slick. Those Washburn are killer. I know the natural southern cross were killer. I had an original tobacco Dean ML wayyy back. Those V necks still to this day are my all time favorite.

I mentioned the Langner Brutus poweramp as rare but his tube eq is same level. Never seen one in the wild.

Prices are another story these days?

I have a black Y2KV that took me years to find. I wanted a natural finish but those are even harder to find, especially at a decent price.

Back