Superunknown

FYI…
Tubes.jpeg

Attachments

• B9C1582D-9205-41D8-9B33-78CC5641E349.jpeg
    B9C1582D-9205-41D8-9B33-78CC5641E349.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
One thing this whole thing has taught me is that I need to continue to get more backups tubes. I am probably good with what I have for the next 10 to 15 years, but will try to get a few more here and there.

So I got to thinking (and that can be dangerous at times) All these youtube buttnuts wanting to spout off about the end of tube production, the death nail for tube amps, and modelers are the future. Everyone they know is using modelers now because tube amps are a dying breed. Yet they also incited a a panic buying spree that pretty much wiped out the entire stock of tubes in a day.

So if tube amps are damn near dead and everyone is going to modelers... then why did the entire stock disappear in a panic buy? Hell, why were we experiencing a tube shortage in the first place? There can't be that many of us old codgers clinging to our antiquated technology can there? According to youtubers there's only like 12 of us left that are actually using real tube amps.

Sucks that they have to raise rates on existing orders.

It is what it is though

I do wish someone could figure out a way to build a factory in some other countries besides Russia and China.

This is good news indeed, but I am perplexed how things can go from "till the end of 2022" to "been resolved for now" in just a few days?

This is good news indeed, but I am perplexed how things can go from "till the end of 2022" to "been resolved for now" in just a few days?

My speculation: Electro Harmonix makes products in China. So possibly Mathews arranged one of the Chinese companies to take delivery of the tubes and then ship them here to the states, bypassing the embargo. This will cost a bit of money, thus the price hikes he stated.

My speculation: Electro Harmonix makes products in China. So possibly Mathews arranged one of the Chinese companies to take delivery of the tubes and then ship them here to the states, bypassing the embargo. This will cost a bit of money, thus the price hikes he stated.
That is certainly plausible - good thinking!

Back