Tubes- What’s the best place to buy?

311 Splawndude - I have tried several varieties of tubes in my QR and Nitro. Because the Nitro has so much low end, I found that the JJ EL34-II really tightened up the bottom and gave some nice added ‘sparkle’ on top compared to the Splawn labeled glass. It’s a great head - but the EL34-IIs add enough that I’m running them and keeping the stock glass on the shelf as a spare set.

I have yet to find a pair of tubes that sound ‘better’ than the Splawn labeled glass in my QR. I do have two pairs of GT labeled dual halo Teslas from the late 80s / early 90’s. They sound great in the QR - a bit softer & warmer maybe? But the difference is so subtle that I’m keeping those pairs on the shelf and just running the stock glass in the QR til they fail.

psychodave":1w3mlgo4 said:
panhead":1w3mlgo4 said:
I think im going to stock up, cause the way things are going they may not make them in another 10 years or they`ll be high as hell.

I stocked up a decade+ ago. Everything has double or tripled in value.
Right!!!

napalmdeath":26i0o6zy said:
JJ's come from Eurotubes, for me. Eddie's the man. Excellent Customer Service. THE BEST. Been buying from them for 18 years. Well over 100 orders.

Anything other than JJ's, I used to use Tube Depot. But, I recently started buying from Viva Tubes, who has a Reverb store. They're legit. Got some great deals from them, they ship same day, and even hand-picked a perfect grade of power tubes for a Mesa Multi-watt I had. Went through matching/grading a quad. Excellent Customer Service. Last 3 non-JJ orders went to them.

I bought a bunch of NOS tubes from Viva many years ago, like $600-700 worth. Then I bough some old Russian NOS EL84’s and the matching sucked. I called them out and they were complete fucking assholes. I wouldn’t piss in their mouths if their throats were on fire.

psychodave":ce4x8bnz said:
napalmdeath":ce4x8bnz said:
JJ's come from Eurotubes, for me. Eddie's the man. Excellent Customer Service. THE BEST. Been buying from them for 18 years. Well over 100 orders.

Anything other than JJ's, I used to use Tube Depot. But, I recently started buying from Viva Tubes, who has a Reverb store. They're legit. Got some great deals from them, they ship same day, and even hand-picked a perfect grade of power tubes for a Mesa Multi-watt I had. Went through matching/grading a quad. Excellent Customer Service. Last 3 non-JJ orders went to them.

I bought a bunch of NOS tubes from Viva many years ago, like $600-700 worth. Then I bough some old Russian NOS EL84’s and the matching sucked. I called them out and they were complete fucking assholes. I wouldn’t piss in their mouths if their throats were on fire.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
:hys: :hys: :hys:

psychodave":3ugydvnn said:
napalmdeath":3ugydvnn said:

I have bought some tubes from them.
A NOS 12ax7 just blew in less than 2 hours.
Never bought from them again and any NOS.
The Gold Lion did the same job or better on my CCV.

Back