Tweaker-40?

Not out yet. Eganter is shooting for Spring on this one, March, April or May. But who knows, they are not bent on getting things out when we want them, only when they are ready (which is cool with me BTW). I think soon though as the new Tweaker 40 and 88 are pretty much their big releases this year. I want a 40 pretty bad, so I'm waiting too. :rock: :thumbsup: :yes:

Oh and these will be at Guitar Center.

I want a 40 bad too but, there's some extra features on the 88 that sound really nice. I think there's a boost with gain mod and a something else (can't remember??) that the 40 doesn't have. Still 40 watts is all i need, can't wait to try one.

Went and looked at the Tweaker 40 again on the Eganter site. I just think this thing is going to KILL every amp out there. I really think it may be, with the addition of a few pedals, the only other amp i could gig with aside from my MOD50. I just can't wait to get my hands on it.

I guess the easy answer is the 15. But historically speaking, Eganter has always built such a fabulous master volume circuit I am absolutely positive they will both be excellent at bed room volume.

My first post, but i'm sure the 40 will be great at Bedroom Levels. The 15 I set the EQ and forget it. With the Master Volume if I play at 1 or 7 it sounds great. I have a 17 Month Old I can play in the next room no problem. Great amp and I'm trying to hold out for the 40 but I have a feeling that I'll end up buying a Mod50.

You should be asking yourself "Head or Combo?" :D

bubs_42":21sr4xtl said:
but I have a feeling that I'll end up buying a Mod50.

You should be asking yourself "Head or Combo?" :D

Three MOD 50s on Ebay right now. Most I've ever seen at any given time.

Yea, head or combo is right. I'd love the combo for grab and go, but the head would serve me better as a backup. I dunno.

I agree - I think the Tweaker 40 and 88 models will be a big hit. The 15 is an amp with no peers IMO, perhaps one of the best recording amps ever produced. If Egnater can get the same tones out of a high power, dual channel platform they may well end up being the best bang for the buck amps around.

Actually I would prefer the etended preamp of the 40, but with the same 15W power stage as the original. I don't want a bigger/heavier/more powerful head. I just want the switchable second set of gain/vol and switches.

I went to buy a Mesa TA 15 and left with a Tweaker 15. The Mesa looked cool and had more options (two channels) but the Tweaker had soul. The Mesa sounded thin and bright, next to it. I wanted the Mesa (2 channels) to be better. Can't wait for my two channel tweaker. Egnater is on it IMHO :rock:

hunter":35y5yysy said:
Actually I would prefer the etended preamp of the 40, but with the same 15W power stage as the original. I don't want a bigger/heavier/more powerful head. I just want the switchable second set of gain/vol and switches.

Exactly what I wanted but I'll take what I can get. I think I've decided to go with the Tweaker 40 is just more wallet friendly and I dig my Tweaker15 so damn much. :D

hunter":6wdir2yu said:

I think the Tweaker 40 will offer adjustable bias so that you can use 6V6's to reduce the power of the amp.

RockManiac":3l05kw3h said:
hunter":3l05kw3h said:

I think the Tweaker 40 will offer adjustable bias so that you can use 6V6's to reduce the power of the amp.

For sure, a standard feature on Eganter amps, bias at home any octal base power amp will work. I was wondering why every other Egnater amp comes with adjustable wattage of some sort but not the Tweaker. Bummer.

Man I want this thing bad. Love playing the little one. If this sounds and works smoothly it will be such a fantastic amp.

Back