Tweaker15 head won't power up.

jzuker

Tweaker 15 head won't power up. I was using it in my studio without a problem, (sounded fine) then I put it on stand by before I left the room. When I returned about a half hour later, it was dead. No light, no sound.
Probably other posts on this, but I couldn't find via search.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

See some posts re: transformer issues?

Saw that the 1.6A fuse in/below the AC inlet was blown. Replaced it. Turned on amp. Didn't turn on, but saw that the new fuse blew as well. Repeated with another new fuse. Same result.

jzuker":keutl7cf said:
See some posts re: transformer issues?

Saw that the 1.6A fuse in/below the AC inlet was blown. Replaced it. Turned on amp. Didn't turn on, but saw that the new fuse blew as well. Repeated with another new fuse. Same result.

Good luck getting any help!! My Armageddon is still sitting in my basement after breaking down 2 weeks ago.. Bought it new 2 months ago!!

Yeah, not getting much feedback here.

The amp is still under the original 3 year warranty. But just barely. Bought the amp in Jan 2012. No response from Egnater yet, after submitting a service request, but it has only been 3 or 4 days. After a little investigation on my part, it seems that the power transformer has been an issue for a while. I've decided to bite the bullet and service and upgrade the amp with a local amp guru. If it is indeed the power transformer, it will be replaced with a more robust, higher quality one. It may end up costing me what the amp cost originally. But I love the amp's sound, and it's still worth it at twice the price (especially with better quality components).

jzuker":1z0rp31n said:
Yeah, not getting much feedback here.

The amp is still under the original 3 year warranty. But just barely. Bought the amp in Jan 2012. No response from Egnater yet, after submitting a service request, but it has only been 3 or 4 days. After a little investigation on my part, it seems that the power transformer has been an issue for a while. I've decided to bite the bullet and service and upgrade the amp with a local amp guru. If it is indeed the power transformer, it will be replaced with a more robust, higher quality one. It may end up costing me what the amp cost originally. But I love the amp's sound, and it's still worth it at twice the price (especially with better quality components).

Egnaters have been having power tranny issues it seems. My Tweaker 40 combo died 1 year after purchase. Under warranty, the amp had a newer (and reportedly more robust) PT installed along with an internal fan. So far no issues - but the experience does have me looking into some other make of 1x12 tube combo in case this crap happens again.

jzuker - did you email Egnater/Boutique Amp Distribution or call them? I suggest the latter - and do it during business hours (approx 10:00am-4:00pm Pacific time, just to be safe).

I submitted a service request email on their site. I still haven't heard from them, but instead of calling and following up, I decided to spend the $ and go with a good, local amp guy to replace the transformers (power and output) and service whatever else the amp may need. I've had the amp just under three years, and could justifiably push the warranty issue, but I prefer to go with my friendly, neighborhood amp guru who I know will return a much more robust and improved amp.

So...it seems that tranny issues in these are more common than not. Mine's down AGAIN, with the same symptoms you and a bunch of others have had. I'm thinking about starting a class action lawsuit as the transformer issues are obviously common knowledge and it seems Egnater will do nothing to rectify the issue.

Back