Unwanted NGD - Time to by new PA - Suggestions?

ewill52

I need to upgrade. Best budget active PA mains and subs? Wanted to go QSC K series but they're a little pricier than I can do right now.

I hate buying this crap but we need it for smaller shows where there's no sound support (private parties and such). Going to do 2 active mains and 2 active subs.

What say you, Rig-Talk?

I just sold a small system. Ran 2 k12.2s and one EV ekx 18. Really good for smaller rooms. The k12.2 are a bit pricey but a 6 year warranty and they are so versatile. I tried jbl eons and sent em back , not even close clarity wise. If your going to buy do it 1 time and get the best

Beandust":u3nkfdte said:
I just sold a small system. Ran 2 k12.2s and one EV ekx 18. Really good for smaller rooms. The k12.2 are a bit pricey but a 6 year warranty and they are so versatile. I tried jbl eons and sent em back , not even close clarity wise. If your going to buy do it 1 time and get the best

would this rig have been big enough for small outdoor gigs?

Check out the powered Electro Voice speakers. Great bang for the buck. My band runs ZLX-12P for monitors and ELX200-12P for mains and also EV 18" powered subs with a Behringer XR 18 digital mixer. You could use the ZLX-12P for mains if your on a tighter budget, we did that at first before we got the ELX200's. Not crazy expensive and works great for bars/small clubs or even outdoor gigs. Volume is never a problem.

Going to go against the grain here, and suggest DONT buy powered speakers or monitors. If you come from a guitar background (and if you are here, you do)...just buy some decent monitors, a decent mixer and a power amp. Put it together like a guitar rig, with a simple reverb setup. Most singers don't need that much. I cannot stand the all in one powered speakers, they just pose more problems..the old original JBL15 ones were nice, but even those I would rather just do it the old school way.

sutepaj":2q9trife said:
Going to go against the grain here, and suggest DONT buy powered speakers or monitors. If you come from a guitar background (and if you are here, you do)...just buy some decent monitors, a decent mixer and a power amp. Put it together like a guitar rig, with a simple reverb setup. Most singers don't need that much. I cannot stand the all in one powered speakers, they just pose more problems..the old original JBL15 ones were nice, but even those I would rather just do it the old school way.
Depends on how you look at it. I run 4 powered speakers, not including subs. If one goes down I have 3 more. I used to run passive speakers, analog board, a rack with effects and a power amp. If my power amp went down, gig over. Unless I carry a spare, but there heavy and expensive. Digital mixer with built in fx. You can save your presets if you play the same places again, no more rack of effects to carry. Speakers are light and compact. We used to need a van, now we carry the PA in our cars and set up is quick and easy.

sutepaj":37kfjoap said:
dont agree with that, powered speakers all the way for me./

ewill52":2941o25x said:
Beandust":2941o25x said:

would this rig have been big enough for small outdoor gigs?
Sorry for the late reply. I think it definitely would! Grab another matching sub and your definitely fine unless your talking 3/400 people.. but 1/200 youd be fine

Back